Roundness in the hole.

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reaching into the hole to remove loose sand, I felt the shape of this 12 pounder today and said "Roundness". Has anyone else caught themselves using some of the terminology from DIGGERS or other MDing shows? I said it without thinking. I guess that's how new expressions and colloquialisms get started. roundness.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 4
Reaching into the hole to remove lose sand, I felt the shape of this 12 pounder today and said "Roundness". Has anyone else caught themselves using some of the terminology from DIGGERS or other MDing shows? I said it without thinking. I guess that's how new expressions and colloquialisms get started.View attachment 901616

Please, don't talk like that? Just my opinion, (you can talk however you want) just not like them, please.

I don't use their words unless I am being a prick to annoy my hunting buddy who hates those shows. I have on a few occasions done a happy dance though when no one is around and I have found something so valueable to me that I can't resist. The Musket Percussion Hammer I found on Saturday...I was in the woods no one was looking and I will admit I did a short happy dance. I kept quiet though. I did not hang off a tree upside like a bafoon , didn't do cartwheels and flips, and did not scream. Just kind of a jumping up and down with a joker grin on my face and an inside voice looking up at the sky saying "thank you!" :)

I haven't seen the shows on the TV Guide lately. Why havent they been on tv for the last few weeks ?
The last episode I saw they were civil war relic hunting in Virgina. What I thought was very cool was they were using old school detectors for that hunt. One had a Fisher 1265 or 66 x and the other a lowly Tesoro with no fancy gizmos on it like sounding like a slide whistle !

Awesome Find ! Which Tesoro machine do you use ? And does that 8' Do-nut coil work well in Virgina and go deep enough ?

Last edited:
good find! :icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft: - bad word :nono::nono::nono:

Cool cannon ball!!

Never talk like them. Sorry, but I think they are total tools. It is a poor representation of our community. All of those shows detect in hand picked areas that are off limits to the rest of us and act like idiots while they are doing it.

I couldn't stand how idiotic they made MDers look, they humped trees for gods sake when they would find something, so please don't use their expressions they are demeaning to the rest of the MDing community.

Don't watch the show myself would rather be out detecting. Congrats on the cannon ball! We usually say the first thing on our minds when surprised by something, usually it's not printable!

Nice find (even if you are easily swayed into talking like a nit wit) LOL (I'm not calling you a nit wit, just those nit wits on TV) Please don't drink the Kool-aid!

Nice cannonball! I haven't dug one of those yet. Cool find and thanks for sharing

Great find. Glad it was roundness and not juice in the hole. :tongue3:
Congrats,
MM

I know. I was wondering the same thing about those shows. I got so used to watching them. Thanks! I use an old Silver Sabre II. I've had it forever and it does fine here. I can't hear a minnie past 10" down, but it's been great for shells. 'Super hot on coins too.

I haven't seen the shows on the TV Guide lately. Why havent they been on tv for the last few weeks ?
The last episode I saw they were civil war relic hunting in Virgina. What I thought was very cool was they were using old school detectors for that hunt. One had a Fisher 1265 or 66 x and the other a lowly Tesoro with no fancy gizmos on it like sounding like a slide whistle !

Awesome Find ! Which Tesoro machine do you use ? And does that 8' Do-nut coil work well in Virgina and go deep enough ?

Nice find for sure, and still on the never ending want list.

I would be guilty of that to bug my husband.Hey congrats on the cannonball!

That's not "roundness"....it's "sphericalness"!! Nice find. Feel free to use their sayings if you like, I have no problem with it :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back