Rocks with holes - probably nothing but worth a look?

Chessmen Trip

Feb 6, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these in a river bed in Texas, probably nothing more than a product of water and time but I thought it may be worth a second opinion on the off chance they're more than that. Thanks for looking!

R1.pngr2.pngr3.pngr4.png

Last edited:
The stones are not from the Native Americans either. Often times Native American artifacts are called wrong. People claim an artifacts as native. When in fact their Jesuit. Most don't know the difference or just dismiss it altogether. That is a problem I see regularly. Until the knowledge is known . There going to be hot water going back and forth.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
The stones are not from the Native Americans either. Often times Native American artifacts are called wrong. People claim an artifacts as native. When in fact their Jesuit. Most don't know the difference or just dismiss it altogether. That is a problem I see regularly. Until the knowledge is known . There going to be hot water going back and forth.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Porque no los dos?

Upvote 0
Seems to be some confusion posted.

The holes in the rocks were not made by nature.

As several have posted they are Indian artifacts, used with string as end-of-net weights. Used for fishing.

How can you be sure?

Upvote 0
without holding them we can only offer opinions...some opinions are more valid than others.

Upvote 0
A little research of the history of the area and what people inhabited it in the past might help you in determining if they're artifacts. I don't think they are. As far as fishing weights, a lot of indigenous people didn't even eat fish, although they were available.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back