Ring in the scoop! and other things

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi everyone, Red here, I hope you had a great weekend, with lots of fun and great finds. The past couple of weeks have been interesting, to say the least. Last weekend, we didn't find much, I did find the ugliest ring, my first! 9-10-13 001.JPG it's not pretty, but what the heck, it counts!
laughing7.gif
I also found another car, this one is cool! 9-10-13 031.JPG 9-10-13 030.JPGChug did good on clad, and bottle caps, pull tabs and can slaw, we also did good on grey matter.9-10-13 023.JPGand I found my second knife, since I've started detecting! 9-10-13 024.JPG
hello2.gif

This past weekend was very interesting and irritating, and fun too. Saturday we decided to hit the river in a spot we hadn't been to for a couple of weeks, we decided to go in a new direction further up the river when we saw a transient camping in a area we like to hit. Yep, he was all set up and it looks like he had been there a few days, he had a hammock, sleeping bag, various other stuff, and a cooler, thankfully he was sleeping, and we had our headphones. We had been there for maybe an hour, when the guy woke up, saw us and came over to talk to us. He tells us story number one, he was there, waiting for his brother to pick him up to go fishing and home after that, he asks Chug a few questions, and finally leaves after about 10 minutes. While he was gone, we found a couple of toys, NO! not that kind again, just these, 9-10-13 029.JPG 9-10-13 026.JPG 9-10-13 027.JPG
laughing7.gif
some clad and the usual stuff. Soon, here comes Zippy, this time with a beer, and he tried to talk to us some more. While he was watching, I got a good signal, and next thing I know he is RIGHT next to me, looking over my shoulder, I move away, and he follows me! I told him very loudly "Excuse me!" Chug looks over and tells the guy to leave us alone, we don't want to be bothered, so Zippy starts apologizing says God bless and leaves again. I wanted to hit him on his shin with my coil, we noticed that Zippy was talking to everyone at the beach, especially girls, he would repeatedly go up to the same people over and over again. We head down the beach more, Chug is out in the water, about 2 feet deep, and he gets a great tone, he scoops once, nothing in the scoop, so he digs again, nothing, the third time, I was watching by this time as Chug looks in his scoop, and asks me to go to him. I go out into the water, and he says "Please tell me that isn't a pull tab!" I look, and nope, it isn't a pull tab, it's a beautiful large man's silver ring, and it's a spinner too!9-10-13 041.JPG 9-10-13 043.JPG isn't it a beauty? Chug did great, and I have so much appreciation and admiration for him, it is not easy to swing in the water, then dig for the target, some of them are hard to get! I tried once to use Chug's scoop, but it is heavy, and get heavier with wet sand! Chug also found this little cutie in the water,9-10-13 033.JPG 9-10-13 034.JPG I did score a homemade ring, 9-10-13 035.JPG
hello2.gif

Pretty soon, you know who shows up again, carrying a large beer, this time we were sitting on a log, resting and having a smoke, Chug moved his stuff to between us, and the guy asks if we would mind if he sat with us, Chug said yes, please leave, we are tired of being harassed. By this time I had my digger in my hand, and made sure Zippy saw it.Then we were told that he works for some big company and is on vacation, and he was walking to his home in the condos up the beach a bit and asked if we needed anything, we said no, and he finally left. We decided to leave as I was getting tired, and having some chest pain, and as we were walking up to our truck, here comes Zippy again, heading straight for us, somehow people came between us and we were able to get to our truck and get the kids in, we figured he was thinking we would put the kids in the bed of the truck, and he could steal them when we were in the cab, silly man, they ALWAYS ride inside with us, safer for them that way!
laughing7.gif
It was getting to the point that Chug was going to smack him with his scoop if we had to deal with him again.
BangHead.gif
As we were getting ready to leave, a guy driving a large truck parked next to us, since he had kids with him, we told him about Zippy, and he said if Zippy tried anything, he would be hurting!
thumbsup.gif

Sunday we didn't find much, bunch of nails, some clad and a few grey matter. We saw another looter, he came over to talk to Chug, they compared machines, and they guy says he and his friend were not doing good, they kept finding nails and caps, and each only found a quarter. Soon, we got a chance to see why they were finding so little, one had an older machine, and a colander, the other I don't know what he had, but he had his machine and a slotted spoon, so when they found targets, they would scoop sand into the colander using the spoon and their hands, and sifting it through the colander! We wanted to go up and see if we could help, but we were getting dirty looks, and I overheard one tell the other that Garrets aren't really that good in the water, ok, whatever.
dontknow.gif

Well, that's our adventures for the past couple of weeks, oh, and before I forget, remember the little owl Chug found a few weeks ago?8-22-13 039.JPG Well, he has a new home! 017.JPG and I also made a necklace out of the lighter Chug found, 013.JPG LOL I know, crazy, but it works!
laughing7.gif
I hope you all have a safe and good week, with lots of great finds! HH Red
hello.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 6
nice hunt again! find some more of that silver!
HH

Nice finds! Congrats on the Big Silver! What a story, good to hear that Zippy is out of your life:laughing7:

Entertaining...as usual! Nice silver spinner. Always love the toys, too. :thumbsup:

HH,
Anita

Sweet, sweet spinner. Love the snake car. Well it's all cool, but those are my favs.

Y'all did good except for Zippy's bugging. Love how you made the necklace with the owl...sooo pretty!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back