RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

1719256365854.jpeg

Nature simply AMAZES me.
Me too...! Just a few minutes ago we had two young does and a 6 pt. buck in velvet in front yard. There just 20 yds. from bay window. The two does were each at a pile of corn of 4. The buck approached to "his" pile... NOT...! One doe attacked, reared up and wailed her front legs onto his side. He backed up, went around a big oak to try the other "free" pile of corn. NOPE...! That doe did the same to him. This fellow had better grow a pair quickly or life is gonna be real rough for him... :dontknow:

But it is amazing to watch all of this happen so close all the time. Especially when the deer and turkeys and squirrels are all there at the same time.

Me too...! Just a few minutes ago we had two young does and a 6 pt. buck in velvet in front yard. There just 20 yds. from bay window. The two does were each at a pile of corn of 4. The buck approached to "his" pile... NOT...! One doe attacked, reared up and wailed her front legs onto his side. He backed up, went around a big oak to try the other "free" pile of corn. NOPE...! That doe did the same to him. This fellow had better grow a pair quickly or life is gonna be real rough for him... :dontknow:

But it is amazing to watch all of this happen so close all the time. Especially when the deer and turkeys and squirrels are all there at the same time.
The pictures I've posted were possible by wearing my Nikon as uniform of the day,I go no where without it,I've turned around to go back home to get it...only twice,never again.

The pictures I've posted were possible by wearing my Nikon as uniform of the day,I go no where without it,I've turned around to go back home to get it...only twice,never again.

That B-700 is a quality piece of kit. For a time I was always packing my D-90 around, and as a result was able to take a number of shots that would not have been near the quality of my Iphone.

Y'all got me in the mood to shoot pics. Tomorrow is supposed to be decent weather, and I might just hang out on the back porch and see how many birds I can get to sit for a portrait. Crazy weather here this week. 64 today, 78 and sunny tomorrow then rain and 63 for Wed, then wet, cloudy and crappy for the next week.

Also, should have baby 'coons showing up with their moms fairly soon. 8-)

I have often wished my eyes had a snapshot feature. I've seen some really amazing things that happened so fast that even if I had a camera, I would have missed it. Just yesterday, while driving home, a falcon flew up and landed on the top of a cedar tree. He looked right at me as he landed, and both wings stretched out against a bright blue sky. Would have made a great photo, but the whole thing lasted maybe half a second.

Pepper, is that a Carpenter ant?
spider-0173.gif

Good pic.... I believe I recognize this insect as the elusive arctic circle 2-headed black beetle.
Damn it sucks to know this much..... ok, shower time.... back later (RUN!)

But seriously you and ol' Worldtalker post some very good pics.... Good job guys....! Brad

The late kitty, Callie. A PITA at times, but she was the best damn mouser there ever was. Rodents feared her name... 8-)

Callie.jpg

Good pic.... I believe I recognize this insect as the elusive arctic circle 2-headed black beetle.
Damn it sucks to know this much..... ok, shower time.... back later (RUN!)

But seriously you and ol' Worldtalker post some very good pics.... Good job guys....! Brad
Carp fishing 10 days ago I started flipping rocks and found 2 hellgramites in the pupa stage,so I brought them home(gotta keep them out of the wife's view)one emerged as an adult still pumping its wings up,the other should follow pretty soon. Nature just AMAZES me!
DSCN2311.JPG

DSCN2436.JPG
K1600_DSCN2441.JPG
K1600_DSCN2442.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back