RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo-315.JPG
photo-314.JPG
That's for you GB.....my friend from Texas found this at the foundation of an old house in Texas back in 2014. Hes coming to treasure hunt in late june. We rented a house where the top decks of the San Felipe came ashore in 1733. This is how I get access to the spot. We do this every year up and down this beach at a different rental each time. We have had good success with everyone finding 8 reales over the years, plus other goodies.

Kind of funny story behind this, selling of wives was kind of a thing for a while in the UK for a while as divorce was borderline illegal and had to be approved of by parliament and the church, which pretty much wasn’t going to happen unless you were someone fairly powerful. So they would skirt the law by selling their wives, which counterintuitively was generally the best thing for all the parties involved, including the women as it gave them a modicum of power in a bad situation. Hell, it wasn’t even uncommon for them to be “sold” for a cask of ale or cider. Generally the authorities turned a blind eye to this practice as they, themselves couldn’t get a divorce since they weren’t of the privileged few.

Nice jar of coins Bart. I have always wanted to find one.
Closest i came to it so far, was a jar with cloth, faded pictures and guinea pig remains.
Put that back in a hurry. [emoji15] [emoji85]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Kind of funny story behind this, selling of wives was kind of a thing for a while in the UK for a while as divorce was borderline illegal and had to be approved of by parliament and the church, which pretty much wasn’t going to happen unless you were someone fairly powerful. So they would skirt the law by selling their wives, which counterintuitively was generally the best thing for all the parties involved, including the women as it gave them a modicum of power in a bad situation. Hell, it wasn’t even uncommon for them to be “sold” for a cask of ale or cider. Generally the authorities turned a blind eye to this practice as they, themselves couldn’t get a divorce since they weren’t of the privileged few.

Well, now, that is interesting. I never heard of that. Thanks!

I can't imagine finding a stash of coins! I nearly had a heart attack when I found the one dime. I swear I have the original "Poor Farm."

Are you serious, Beep? EWWWWW!

Yes WD- it was dead and i'm serious. Lol! Yuck!

I once told the Mr. if he could find 10 it would take to replace me to go for it.
43 years of marrige (as of 2017 when he passed)
No replacements.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Well folks due to an unexpected windfall , I'm "in the chips" now!

Furnace and A/C were replaced , finally...
Despite having had the ducts cleaned (in theory) , a Topps hockey card was laying on top of the A-Coil.
The installer was honest enough to report a "baseball card" and put it aside for me.

Just knowing it would be a highly sought and rare auction wars type golden ticket to retirement near member Blak Bart ( a highfalutin type retirement , maybe owning a treasure strewn island or two with cement castles here and there among them) I nervously and with trembling finger typing furiously looked up recent asking prices with great anticipation. Offsetting the cost of the H.V.A.C. would be just a bonus , but I could almost feel the tropical breeze and hear the rustle of grass skirts.

Now this particular card (#62 Patrik Elias 1998-99) has a crease on/in it and a couple corners are a little frayed , and it did rest in a duct for a while before ending up on the coil so condition is not mint.
But still.....Folks offering decent examples of similar cards are asking over $3.00 U.S. dollars!!!8-)

Last edited:
Hood warming.

Err good morning.

Well folks due to an unexpected windfall , I'm "in the chips" now!

Furnace and A/C were replaced , finally...
Despite having had the ducts cleaned (in theory) , a Topps hockey card was laying on top of the A-Coil.
The installer was honest enough to report a "baseball card" and put it aside for me.

Just knowing it would be a highly sought and rare auction wars type golden ticket to retirement near member Blak Bart ( a highfalutin type retirement , maybe owning a treasure strewn island or two with cement castles here and there among them) I nervously and with trembling finger typing furiously looked up recent asking prices with great anticipation. Offsetting the cost of the H.V.A.C. would be just a bonus , but I could almost feel the tropical breeze and hear the rustle of grass skirts.

Now this particular card (#62 Patrik Elias 1998-99) has a crease on/in it and a couple corners are a little frayed , and it did rest in a duct for a while before ending up on the coil so condition is not mint.
But still.....Folks offering decent examples of similar cards are asking over $3.00 U.S. dollars!!!8-)

And I was all ready to put in an application for the caretakers position on the treasure strewn islands. I had visions of being your personal treasure hunting assistant and fishing guide. I was gonna line up the bikini girls to take care of the pool and help wash the cars and boats......just let me know when you find the right baseball card.....I'm ready to report for duty !!

Morning Folks.

Wazz up......morning !!

Top of the morning bill. Bet it's a nice cool morning up there. Its tropical hot already here 81-82 already with 85% humidity.

6a61ea639374366d236ca1b492d4421d.jpg He He yeah. I told her it was pretty neat . You can even check your air pressure too.:laughing7:

4f5b85509aaa11e1eee936b447315791.jpg. Yeah. I can testify. :occasion15::smileinbox::walk::happy1::pain10::violent1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back