Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably the coolest relic I've ever dug

Went to the cartwheel hole this morning and managed to get a small convex button and an old desk bell. It was way too muddy after the rain we got, so I decided to hit the abandoned house where I got the silver bracelet. Got a nice 1948 New Brunswick guide hat badge (intact)

, a junk button,

a handful of 40s pennies and nickels and then probably one of the coolest relics I've found so far. I dug this copper case, and what do ya know, it rattles.
Took it home and mangled the top part trying to get it open. Once I got the top off, I was baffled!

I played around with it until I got some of the little parts out, then there was no denying what it was! It's a Whitall, Tadem Co hypodermic needle field kit

You just never know what's in the ground! Thanks for looking and HH

Upvote 21
Yes that def. has a cool factor.

Why cool!! Congrats[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

What was the guide badge for? I am sure there is something behind it. Guide dog,tour guide,etc.

Great Hunt! :occasion14:

What was the guide badge for? I am sure there is something behind it. Guide dog,tour guide,etc.

It was a hat badge worn by a hunting, fishing or forestry guide employed by the province of New Brunswick.

Dude that needle kit is fantastic. Display case material all the way.

Very cool kit indeed, never seen anything like that posted before.

That's a real cool Med. Kit.
You might have some very old DNA in that vial.
If you had $200 to spare, you can get that DNA tested for ancestry.

Dang, R.M., your junk finds are better than the majority of my keepers.............way cool finds.............:thumbsup:

Intramuscular morphine injections were all the rage in the mid-late Victorian Era. Almost exclusively self administered by women, they had personal syringe boxes that looked very similar to this one you found. Such was their love of morphine they would often have their syringe boxes made of silver or even gold! Interesting chapter in the history books :thumbsup:

Fantastic hunt !...welldone!

outstanding.gif
Nice finds RelicMedic! Thanks for sharing...

Intramuscular morphine injections were all the rage in the mid-late Victorian Era. Almost exclusively self administered by women, they had personal syringe boxes that looked very similar to this one you found. Such was their love of morphine they would often have their syringe boxes made of silver or even gold! Interesting chapter in the history books :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for the information! I thought it was late victorian but wasn't too sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back