Post your $1 (or less) Finds Here w/ Sold For Prices

I see the Shell tanker is from 1939, they sure had some great toys. I was certainly surprised to see them in an old fire pit covered in ashes. How someone could just toss them away is crazy. I once found a cardboard box in this same place full of change (money). The box was the size of a case of beer and it was about 1/2 full. Now the coins were a bit dirty, even rust on some of the dimes and quarters, halves and dollars (Eisenhower) and nothing really collectable just dirty money! Some were rolled in customer rolls also. I just dumped them in a bucket with water and ammonia for a few hours. If I ever find the photo I took of that I'll post it. I think there was about $100 worth and it took about 5 minutes of time at the coin sorter.

Jim
I guess the old saying of :” One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure” still holds true. I have read stories of metal detectorists that discovered a treasure trove of buried metal cars buried by children from a previous era. I find them on the beaches all the time but dream of finding some at a bungalow permission site. What a beautiful way to start the year.

Latest find for $1. Picked it up 4 days ago and listed it. Got a bid already.
1000000642.jpg

I've listed things my wife would say, who'd want that goofy looking thing. I'd tell her, I believe there's more that a few out there who sees something about it you don't. She'd be quite surprised at times with some of the strange things I'd buy to resell.

I used to buy at yard sales and resell, and let me tell you.. So much stuff out there that people don't want and believe is worth nothing but worth $$$
Years ago I picked up a medical book at a sale and it was on a blanket that said "free Stuff" Sold it for more than $100
Also someone had a game called "The Shithead Game" where someone wears ha hat with velcro and someone tosses pieces of "Shit" velcro to see how many they can get to stick.. ha ha ha the wife demanded that the husband just give it to me because it was so disgusting... and sold on Amazon for $35 ..... within 3 days.. ha ha ha

"Just because YOU don't know, doesn't mean its worthless"

Basically I have bought and sold all my life.
Cold calls, ads, garage sales, auctions, estate, flea markets, picker, liquidations.

When I did the commercial auctions I bought inventory.
I always believed that if something was made there had to be a market for it out there somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back