Not open for further replies.

mattysee

Jul 9, 2011
albany ny
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LAST FRIDAY WAS A GREAT DAY, GOT OUT AROUND 4PM HUNTED A BRAND NEW SPOT THAT I FOUND RESEARCHING OLD MAPS. ITS A SMALL ISLAND ABOUT 2 ACRES, MY 1RST TARGET A 1890 INDIAN AT 2 INCHES, THEN A SHOOTING BADGE I NEED HELP WITH CANT FIND ANY INFO, ITS SILVER AND READS "AMERICAN SHARPSHOOTERS SOCIETY" THEN 2 MORE INDIANS 1903,1904, THEN A 1920 MERC, AND MY 2ND SEATED LIB DIME OF THE YEAR A 1857!!! NEXT A SILVER CRUCIFIX, ALSO A 1874 GERMAN 2 CENTER! AND BY THE WAY THIS PLACE WAS REAL TRASHY!! AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST I GOT A REAL BAD 88 AT 2 INCHES THOUGHT IT WAS A OLD BOTTLE CAP, IT WASNT ITS A POSSIBLE 1785 IMMUNE COLUMBIA!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ON ITS WAY TO NGC NOW, MY COIN GUY THINKS IT IS, AND WITH A LITTLE LUCK IT WILL BE CONFIRMED, ILL GIVE AN UPDATE AS SOON AS I HEAR! THANK YOU

Attachments

• 0918121940a.jpg
    0918121940a.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 0918121940.jpg
    0918121940.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 0918121506a.jpg
    0918121506a.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 0918121506.jpg
    0918121506.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 0917120107a.jpg
    0917120107a.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 0913121717.jpg
    0913121717.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 0916122019.jpg
    0916122019.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 0916122021.jpg
    0916122021.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 0917120107.jpg
    0917120107.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 0913121705.jpg
    0913121705.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 0913121728.jpg
    0913121728.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 4
OK, after reading all this, you have made it to my official "Do Not Help This Member" list. I don't have a dog in this race, because to be honest I can see what the coin isn't and what it is, given the photos posted above. But, when someone with as much digging and ID esperience as Don in SJ, Iron Patch, or HOGGE tries to help you ID a find--You should listen. And if you are lucky enough to live in an area where such finds are regularly dug, then sooner or later you WILL need their help again with an ID of a coin or relic from the 17th or 18th centuries.

Or you could go to your coin guy, or waste your money on NGC.

Have a great day,

Buck

i appretiate everyones help, this is only my 1rst year detectecting so has far as not knowing it all i dont, i went to an expert and was told what i was told, the coin is what it is, and it wont break my hart to be proved wrong, just dont like to be insulted, i apologize for any insults ive made except to the freak that doesnt like my kind! lol anyway going back to bum island in the a.m. wish me luck!

i appretiate everyones help, this is only my 1rst year detectecting so has far as not knowing it all i dont, i went to an expert and was told what i was told, the coin is what it is, and it wont break my hart to be proved wrong, just dont like to be insulted, i apologize for any insults ive made except to the freak that doesnt like my kind! lol anyway going back to bum island in the a.m. wish me luck!

I commend you for wanting to know the truth, some don't want to hear it and would rather go on believing what they want to believe. That was the only intention of the replies - the truth.... that, and getting you to fire your coin guy!

Last edited:
On Tnet, when you title your thread "Possible something or other" you're asking for an ID. You shouldn't be upset when you get that ID from folks trying to help you. Still a great find, and keep us updated with your digs.

Best Wishes,

Buck

Mattysee , the avarage coinshop dealers know very little about colonial coins and most counldn't tell one Connecticut copper variety from another (well unless it was the most popular type) and the reason is they don't see enough of them to tell and theres not a large enough clientel for them "specialize" in it. Don , Patch and Hogge have probably seen and recovered more colonials than most and have way more expertise and knowledge than "coin guys" in these types. you do yourself a great disservice by not weighing in on their opinions and advice.

Dan

Why have postings been deleted from this thread??

Because of language used...

I figured.....Just clarifying. Personally, I was NOT offended. He was just expressing himself, and was probably frustrated with the answers being sent his way. I like a good "debate".:laughing7:

The "chime in on my :censored: " comment made me spit coffee all over my computer yesterday. I'm sad to see it go. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the one I liked best!:headbang:

lmao!!!! im glad you guys were not truly offended, i was in the marines for 5 years and really dont have that great of a trash filter for my mouth! lol and sometimes i wish i had more control of my language!! haha

lmao!!!! im glad you guys were not truly offended, i was in the marines for 5 years and really dont have that great of a trash filter for my mouth! lol and sometimes i wish i had more control of my language!! haha

No worries, most of us have been around a long time and are fairly well battle tested. Used to be battle ready, but I gave up arguing with people who I knew were wrong. :)

I buy and sell coins so I can guarantee I'd offer to buy a very rare coin WAY before I'd be negative because of jealousy or anything else. I've also found my share detecting so not worried about it in that way either. If the day ever comes that you dig something incredible you'll see a whole lot of people that are near as excited, and no one saying anything negative.... but I think you already understand that given that you did come around to your senses. :laughing7:

Pleas remember we have rules on language this is a family friendly forum, we have young members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back