Portland Transit Tokens and a set of Wings

LEOJ

Jun 20, 2006
Logan County, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exp. II
Last couple or three outings I've found myself dodging rain showers and digging the faint "iffy" signals that are left out there in these Portland Parks... I've seen other folks pull these transit tokens before but I've never pulled one until yesterday... Infact, I was lucky enough to pull two in one day...

Good digging everyone!
Joel

Attachments

• P T CO-1.jpg
    P T CO-1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 392
  • P T CO-2.jpg
    P T CO-2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 390
  • P T CO-3.jpg
    P T CO-3.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 396
  • P T CO-4.jpg
    P T CO-4.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 399
  • P T CO-5.jpg
    P T CO-5.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 381
  • P T CO-6.jpg
    P T CO-6.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 398
  • P T CO-7.jpg
    P T CO-7.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 383
  • P T CO-8.jpg
    P T CO-8.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 0
Great photogagraphy and collection. The Pin is sweet . Looks like maybe early military artillery pin. 1846?

You did well digging the iffy signals! Anything in the locket? Congrats and HH, Mike

Hey Joel....Great finds from that "Hunted to death property"! Here is a little info on the history of the Portland Traction Co.....

1920s
Trolley transportation growth slowed. Cutbacks in service and labor economies, such as remodeling equipment for one-man car operation, became the norm. Portland Railway changed its name to Portland Electric Power Company (PEPCO), a holding company that included Portland General Electric (PGE), Portland Traction Company, and an interurban system.

pt4007.jpg

There is info all over the web, just search the Portland Traction Co.

Cool finds!! Very nice pics!! I have'nt hunted the Portland area for 20 years. :thumbsup:

Thanks, you guys for help with the ID... I went back yesterday and pulled what looks to be an older,small sterling ring and a few more wheat's... I'm not done with that property yet... I've got to work it over with my 15" WOT coil...

Attachments

• P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 167
LEOJ said:
Thanks, you guys for help with the ID... I went back yesterday and pulled what looks to be an older,small sterling ring and a few more wheat's... I'm not done with that property yet... I've got to work it over with my 15" WOT coil...

GGGEESSSHHHHH Dude! Save some for others Joel ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back