PLEASE RESPOND...IF YOU ARE STILL ACTIVE ON THIS TEXAS FORUM...THANKS!!!

Hey welcome aboard, you finding any good stuff down there?
I could fill a dumpster with the bottle caps, pull tabs, beer cans, and other aluminum scrap I've found since January. Then glance over there, and see the dumpster full of tent stakes I've found. People are Pigs on the Galveston beaches! Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the $4.36 in change, and 3 junk jewelry finds I've found. Woo Hoo Fun times! But it's better than staying at home reading about my new metal detecting hobby.

I tried to metal detect the beach at boliver but there is so much junk. I found a buried car that the top was just visible, so things get moved around quite a bit. There is a lot of history there in Galveston, if I was to detect there I would check for construction sites in the old town. If they are clearing something out to build, that would open up some opportunities. If you’re interested I heard a really cool podcast on some things found in Galveston from the Texas navy. It’s a good listen.

If I’m detecting it’s usually for relics on land. When I’m at the beach, I usually are looking for fossils and points. I like McFadden, it seems to produce more as for a fossils go. I’ve never found a point there, but I’ve heard of some killer Clovis points washing up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back