Playing a hunch pays off

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Visited a tear-out today that hasn't garnered much interest among the usual suspects. The problem is the road has never had any homes on it and is not as old as the houses that surround it. The road does not appear on the old plat maps. It bisects what would appear to be an open area on the old maps that divided parts of the old neighborhood. I don't think anyone has paid it much attention because of these facts. But it is close to the old neighborhoods and I felt like that open field would have had to been a prime site for the kids to play back in the day. So I decided to give it a look.

Broach 062924.jpg

Looks like an old broach to me. Or maybe a sash piece. It definitely has some age.

Broach II 062924.jpg

Another piece that was some kind of adornment. Needs further cleaning and it's a bit beat up.

Printing Plate 062924.jpg

Looks like a printing plate for an old ad. I see a woman in a long dress wearing a hat.

Coins and such 062924.jpg

The more common items include a Great Seal cuff button with gold gilt, a lead bag seal with "R.R.", and several coins.

Today's finds...

Two broaches
Printing plate depicting a woman in long dress
Great Seal cuff button with gold gilt
Lead bag seal with "R.R."
1906 Liberty Nickel
1916-D Buffalo Nickel
(3) IHPs 1900, 1900, 1906
(3) Wheatback cents 1918, 1919, 1945

PBS

Upvote 19

Top Member Reactions