box2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 623
  • box3.jpg
    box3.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 633
bigcypresshunter said:
it looks like a pocket watch casing.

but, the thing to wind it is not there?
i'm no watch guy, but watch case was the first thing I thought till i noticed the top

old locket?
CWlocket-openswp.jpg

Upvote 0
i have a compass looks like that, but if the case is iron, it is not a pocket watch case or a compass.

Upvote 0
The case does not look like iron, could be though with a bronze plating. I think for a pocket watch also.

Upvote 0
I got one of those, I keep my "Marbles" in it ;D. JK, I have a scout compass in a case like that, signal mirror is in the lid.......NGE (T)

Upvote 0
I would not expect a snuff box to have a religious symbol on it. I think a Rosary Holder is closer to the identity. Monty

Upvote 0
im with cosmic and blacksheep, based on the cross on the front, i would definately say that was a communion holder used by catholic preist, they would put thier lil piece of bread or communion discs in these when they went to visit people too sick or dying to come to church, when i was kid they used to bring to my grandmother and would flip something out that looked just like that.

DTM

Upvote 0
I agree with rosary case.

However many many people, would carry Holy Water on them, usually on a necklace. They weren't always in a Flask. They have used lockets to carry it as well.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back