tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next year I'm gonna plant the stuff they grown in Western Colorado known as Olathe to see how it does.

Another fine gift that was handed down by the original inhabitants of the America's

Sweet corn occurs as a spontaneous mutation in field corn and was grown by several Native American tribes. The Iroquois gave the first recorded sweetcorn called Papoon to the European settlers in 1779. It soon became a popular food in southern and central regions of the United States.

Attachments

• 20240910_085309.jpg
    20240910_085309.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Next year I'm gonna plant the stuff they grown in Western Colorado known as Olathe to see how it does.

Another fine gift that was handed down by the original inhabitants of the America's

Sweet corn occurs as a spontaneous mutation in field corn and was grown by several Native American tribes. The Iroquois gave the first recorded sweetcorn called Papoon to the European settlers in 1779. It soon became a popular food in southern and central regions of the United States.
That makes me reach for the salt shaker! There aren’t too many things better than fresh sweet corn.👍🏼

That makes me reach for the salt shaker! There aren’t too many things better than fresh sweet corn.👍🏼
Indeed, My middle daughter is coming by today to get some of this corn and says she made a corn salsa out of the yellow. She's gonna make some here tonight out if this white verity so I can try it.

I love that silver sweet corn. We used to eat it for supper with watermelon for desert!
I tried growing watermelon last year. Seems they just couldn't keep up with the pace. This is the 3rd year I thought about playing around with a garden as something to pass the time now that I've retired. These little Thai chillies have this year been the most resilient plant. No bugs or bunny's care to touch them. I took a bite out of one yesterday an holy moly they's 🥵. I'm gonna let a bunch dry and crush them to play around with some recipe ideas. Each pod is full of seeds, so I'll see if I can start some baby plants next year. Another thing I've concluded is with very little space, you can grow a whole bunch of these little dynamos that do pack a hellish punch.

Attachments

• 20240911_084610.jpg
    20240911_084610.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
I tried growing watermelon last year. Seems they just couldn't keep up with the pace. This is the 3rd year I thought about playing around with a garden as something to pass the time now that I've retired. These little Thai chillies have this year been the most resilient plant. No bugs or bunny's care to touch them. I took a bite out of one yesterday an holy moly they's 🥵. I'm gonna let a bunch dry and crush them to play around with some recipe ideas. Each pod is full of seeds, so I'll see if I can start some baby plants next year. Another thing I've concluded is with very little space, you can grow a whole bunch of these little dynamos that do pack a hellish punch.
Those grow well from saved seeds, just don’t use a heat source (oven/dehydrator) to dry them. The extra heat can kill the next generation.
I always let my seed peppers dry naturally.

Those grow well from saved seeds, just don’t use a heat source (oven/dehydrator) to dry them. The extra heat can kill the next generation.
I always let my seed peppers dry naturally.
That's what I was planning

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back