Picked up 5 boxes of nickels today

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
The cent boxes have been running dry lately. Past 4 boxes have had an average of 6 wheats per box ??? So I went to my three pickup banks to pick up nickels today. I have been having some pretty good luck with the nickel boxes lately. Last week I pulled my first V nickel, 7 war nickles, a 1958 blank, and a 1937 buff. All in only 4 boxes :hello2: Hopefully the five I picked up today will produce. I hope to go through at least one box this evening and finish the rest by Saturday. I will post results as I go through them.

Upvote 0
a 20 pence Switzerland piece

It is a 20 rappen, 1/5 of a franc, has nothing to do with British pounds.

Please just call it what it is, a 1959P for Philadelphia.

I would personally call it a 1959 nickel, since there is no mintmark. The 1959D would have the D attached at the end to differentiate.

Please just call it what it is, a 1959P for Philadelphia.

Lol giving him grief over saying 59 blank when your sig has "2012 finds" is just a bit comical to me... Just sayin'

Not poking at ya to hurt your feelings... just figured you like #'s and info to be correct and up to date.

jmb

The cent boxes have been running dry lately. Past 4 boxes have had an average of 6 wheats per box ??? So I went to my three pickup banks to pick up nickels today. I have been having some pretty good luck with the nickel boxes lately. Last week I pulled my first V nickel, 7 war nickles, a 1958 blank, and a 1937 buff. All in only 4 boxes :hello2: Hopefully the five I picked up today will produce. I hope to go through at least one box this evening and finish the rest by Saturday. I will post results as I go through them.

That's just what I get in cent boxes now 6-8 wheats. Nice finds none the less. How do you know it is a 1958 blank?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back