Ottoman Pistol

ipsilateral

Jan 5, 2005
MoCo
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I bought this off of a dude tonight. I think this is an Ottoman/Turk gun, and I assume it is pre-1898. If anyone can give additional info as to the value of such a wall hanger, I would appreciate it. Also, how can I check if it is loaded safely. I mean, you never know, right? Thanks, folks.
Picture1.jpg

At least your pistol appears to be a real weapon and not a tourist replica like I usually see. I remember that there was not much interest in middle eastern weapons until the last 20 years or so. I would expect such a pistol to go for anywhere from $200. to $400. these days. I can't be more precise without examining the gun personally. It would be higher if your gun was a flintlock.

Thanks ABruce for the straight talk. This is about where I thought it might come in. Obviously, it's not the best example of its kind, but it's got its charms. NOLAKen, thanks for the compressor trick. If I can find someone with a compressor, I'll try it and let you all know. If not, off to the gunsmith. Thanks everyone for your feedback. As always, good input. Best, Nate

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back