one wheatie and three almosts... wait, is one silver?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had a short time to hunt and hurried out to the permission. still has standing water but I just got a little wet. the one is an old clip on ear ring that the older women like. A small 36ish round ball, another key from the key spot and a modern electronic gizmo. The wheatie is a 27 and there is a 1942 nickle, oh wait, that is a war nickle so one silver after all. The ornate button looked very much like silver in the wet mud but is maybe a jean button. The rouge compact got me going too until I wiped the wet mud off of it. it hit very high with the nox and I was momentarily excited. it still had rouge in it (what had been anyways.) The two whatever is possibly lead and I have no idea what it is. Now I have to clean that war nickle up, the wife will be surprised Heh Heh. this makes silver #49 this year from this site update on the button, it has 13 stars on it and is from a WWII uniform, very cool. this site has produced a lot of WWII relics. thanks to Renaebri for his help. Jerry

Attachments

• 20181222_152812.jpg
    20181222_152812.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Nice relic hunt! :occasion14:

Awesome, a war nickel is something I've been hoping to find lately!
I found this about your button I think WWII US MILITARY UNIFORMS PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com

holy cow! thanks a lot. this place has produced numerous WWII relics including dog tags, collar disks, medals, ammo and other stuff. never imagined that this was from a uniform. very cool and very awesome. again thanks a lot for the info. Jerry

Nice Looter! That honey hole is still coughing up the finds, it sure has been good to you both. Congrats (again), and here's hoping the next year is as good or even better. Ddf.

Nice Looter! That honey hole is still coughing up the finds, it sure has been good to you both. Congrats (again), and here's hoping the next year is as good or even better. Ddf.

it's been an awesome site for sure. but I am totally thankful for the extra help that has come my way by way of so many of our Tnetters who have recognized something that I didn't realize that I had found. Coins are awesome for sure, no doubt but relics have a bigger place in my and my wife's hearts. Especially the military ones. We are still trying to return our last set of dog tags, we have found family but they won't open our mail etc. We are going to try sending an actual letter by mail. Jerry

Nice!!

Kace

this was the worst looking war nickle ever, guess there was something in the dirt that it didn't like

Congrats on the war nickel.

Hi, nice hunt with some nice finds. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Your nickel has a silver look to it, but, they did make non-silver nickels that year too, so, you may want to look for the large mint mark over the dome on the reverse. Nice finds! :icon_thumright:

Well done thats such a great thing returning those Ive returned a few rings very cool. This hobby is a blast Happy Holidays. Tommy

Well the war nickle cleaned up pretty nicely, I soaked it in vinegar and salt. looks like silver again so happy happy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back