Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had mentioned in my post from Monday that the lake bottom sand had been really pushed around and uneven, so I figured I had better go and see what got exposed in the areas I missed then.
Well, I missed a lot!
One of the very first targets was in a bunch of rocks where there is normally just deep sand. It was pretty tough getting the rocks to move. They were golf ball to cantaloupe sized and kind of embedded. I finally got enough moved out of the way to get a scoop in the sand and couldn't believe my eyes when I looked in the scoop!
My first seated coin is a 1876 quarter made into a wearable!
IMG_7861.JPG
IMG_7859.JPG

There were quite a few targets to dig and I spent almost six hours in the water. Super fun day in the lake!
IMG_7856.jpg

IMG_7857.JPG
IMG_7859.JPG

All that fun right under this calm water!
IMG_7853.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 8
That's so cool! Great scene, too!

What a unique find! Beautiful Lake Tahoe is giving up some goodies!

I had mentioned in my post from Monday that the lake bottom sand had been really pushed around and uneven, so I figured I had better go and see what got exposed in the areas I missed then.
Well, I missed a lot!
One of the very first targets was in a bunch of rocks where there is normally just deep sand. It was pretty tough getting the rocks to move. They were golf ball to cantaloupe sized and kind of embedded. I finally got enough moved out of the way to get a scoop in the sand and couldn't believe my eyes when I looked in the scoop!
My first seated coin is a 1876 quarter made into a wearable!
View attachment 2171987View attachment 2171988

There were quite a few targets to dig and I spent almost six hours in the water. Super fun day in the lake!
View attachment 2171990
View attachment 2171992View attachment 2171994

All that fun right under this calm water!
View attachment 2171995
a unique find. Congratulations

Thats a really cool find OMR! One would think it would be tarnished black if in the water for 100 years or more, so could be a recent loss?
Excellent job and congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back