Old Shoe Factory nets me my my first flying and pinned eagle !

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rain let up a little this afternoon and I was feeling a bit cooped up so I said what the heck grabed my rain gear and my M. D. and decided to take a little walk down to where the old shoe factory used to be . All of a 2 minute walk from my house . I had hunted there before when I first got my detector but did not have much success.It is a very trashy site and I was just learning my machine ! I have a lot better feel for my machine now than I did when I started on it 2 years ago ! I can pick out a few coin signals amonst the trash now. I have also learned to SLOOOOOW ! down in a trashy area ! Anyways, I found my first flying eagle today ! I was beginning to think they were mythical creatures :o I also found my first eagle pin ! No marks on the pin so I do not believe it is miitary ?? 4 wheaties , and a few other finds ! Thanks for looking !! MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_0650.JPG
    IMG_0650.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_0660.JPG
    IMG_0660.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_0659.JPG
    IMG_0659.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0
interesting (metal?) sole there. all my search results for "iver johnson" came up weapons related. i wonder if the shoe business proved to be less lucrative...

Congrats on those sweet finds MR :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A flying eagle is at the top of my wish list.

WTg on finding that FE amongst the trash :hello2: What's the shoe sole looking thing?? I see you found a bunch of those organ thingy's that I used to wonder what they were. I always find them at old sites.

crazyjarhead said:
WTg on finding that FE amongst the trash :hello2: What's the shoe sole looking thing?? I see you found a bunch of those organ thingy's that I used to wonder what they were. I always find them at old sites.
Thanks Jar Head The shoe sole looking thingy is a shoe mold ! MaineRelic

Congrats on your first flyin eagle cent :wink:

cool finds!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back