Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I went to Hilton Head, SC (from CT) with our best friends this past weekend. Day 1, we hit the beach and found only a dime and a penny. Day 2, we went across from and old church on a relic hunt. I found an old axe head, but not a rotten stump to be found. So I think it's a posibility that it's civil war era. Day 3, we hit the beach again for about 7 hrs. This was my buddy's first real detecting and he did real well. Only found three pennies with my son's Ace250, but this was one of them. Found only four inches or so down, at the high tide mark.

Attachments

• 1837 Matron Head Obverse.jpg
    1837 Matron Head Obverse.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 603
  • 1837 Matron Head Reverse.jpg
    1837 Matron Head Reverse.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 611
Upvote 0
A couple hours later, I trumped him with my first GOLD & DIAMOND ring. 14K white gold and eleven stones. I'm sure they're real but will get it checked out and appraised first chance I get.

Attachments

• Hilton Head SC diamond white gold ring.jpg
    Hilton Head SC diamond white gold ring.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 595
  • Hilton Head SC diamond white gold ring 2.jpg
    Hilton Head SC diamond white gold ring 2.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 586
congrats on your finds the rings or an excellent find

What a beautiful ring! Called my wife over to have a look at it and what do I get? "Why haven't YOU found something like that!".
Congrats. You got some great finds.

Dirt Chaser said:
What a beautiful ring! Called my wife over to have a look at it and what do I get? "Why haven't YOU found something like that!".
Congrats. You got some great finds.

Yeah, my wife would say that too. :D That's why I stopped letting her look over my shoulder!

Nice ring. Great penny.

Thanks all. The CENT was banged up a bit, slightly warped and had what appeared to be marks from maybe a leather punch. Like someone used it as backing to make a hole in a belt, which made the reverse bow out and get rubbed smooth.
I'm still psyched about the ring. I keep looking at it, which bugs my wife because it's on her finger. lol.

You have two great finds there. WTG..Matt

Nice Finds. That ring is a beauty!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back