Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking it might be a butter churn , but the lid doesn't seem like it would seal good enough for liquids . It's very well made of pine . All held together by old style screws . any ideas ?

mojjax

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,220
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,219
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,211
Its a tumbler for sure.Look at how smooth the wood is inside the box.I think it was used for dry goods .Definatly used with the pulley,possibly with the PTO from a tractor or small motor.Could it have been used to seperate some type of seed from its hull?

Upvote 0
I saw something like that once many years ago.It was used to put pot ,weed in .it was hooked up to a motor and would turn and knock the seeds out without harming the buds

Upvote 0
Feather fluffer used to fluff up and dry feathers for pillows and feather beds??
Just a wild guess.

Upvote 0
Looking at the inside of the box,it appears they went to some trouble of keeping the inside as clean as possible by covering the hinges and pulley axle.It also seems that the exterior has been built more for show than just a farm tool.
I agree with some others that it was built for a public Raffle tumbler.

Nova Treasure

Upvote 0
hi..not only do i hunt scrap on the weekend like a lot of you :D I do a little taxidermy, we use something like that to tumble skins, just add saw dust or dryed corn, put the skins in and turn. It drys the hair Or feathers but leaves the skin soft and flexable to work with. just an idea...

Upvote 0
You all have cruel and demented minds. I LOVE IT :thumbsup:

I`m still laughing my backside off.

Haven`t a clue as to the ID.

Upvote 0
:icon_jokercolor: Couldn't figure it out so I built one and tried it out on my parrot. Now she's dizzy AND mad. Nope, it ain't no parrot dryer! I like the cat dryer idea. ;D

Upvote 0
I`m leaning towards custom built butter-churn, could this device have held several "containers" that when filled could then be "churned" ? Separate containers would ease clean-up tremendously. Wish i was more familiar with how they actually worked.

Any containers laying around that may fit inside?

Just a thought as many farmers built necessities vs buying whenever possible. :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back