Officially OvErStimUlated. 1783 1/2 REALE

K

KirkTN

I'll admit that I get detecting on the brain sometimes, especially after staying up late reading post and looking at pictures here on TNet. Well, on one such night here recently, when I finally went to bed :tard: I had a vivid dream that I dug up a Spanish Reale. Woke up the next morning thinkin' "now that was a fun dream." :D Well, today I wen't out to hit a new spot with Brother John37115 and the dream came true. I found my First, a 1783 Charles III 1/2 Reale. It was only about 5 inches deep and bent, from a plow I would guess. It also has a small hole punched at the top. Worn around someones neck I suppose. You Talk about excited :o. I Reale was. I know little about reales, If anyone has info or can refer me to a website where I can read more about the markings etc. I'd appreciate it. I also found a Nice Coat Size Union Infantry Button the day before. Looks like some nice gilt under the surface. I'll post more pics when I have it properly cleaned. The shank is missing and the back mark reads (Fine Gold Plate) and has an eagle. Found a couple flat buttons, one Tomback Button and the one decorative piece, not sure what it's off of. Well, I'll quit rambling and add the pics.

;D

Treasure The Hunt
KirkTN

Attachments

• Group pic finds 3-23 & 3-24-09.jpg
    Group pic finds 3-23 & 3-24-09.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,287
  • Bent Reale in dirt.jpg
    Bent Reale in dirt.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,292
  • reale bent reverse.jpg
    reale bent reverse.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,282
  • Kirk with Reale find.jpg
    Kirk with Reale find.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 1783 half reale.jpg
    1783 half reale.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,283
  • Falf Reale reverse.jpg
    Falf Reale reverse.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,246
  • Union Infantry Button Front.jpg
    Union Infantry Button Front.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,272
Upvote 0
Hey There Fellow Tennessee TNetter Treasure Hunter,

Congrats on that great find. That is a beautiful coin! Keep up the good work.

DANGLANGLEY

That's the " Reale Deale " Nice coin :thumbsup:.....NGE

All right Kirk. That was a dream come true for sure. I found a similar bent by the plow half reale last year. It sure is nice to find spanish silver. Nice infantry and tomback buttons also. I'm happy for ya dude.
Chris

Mona Lisa said:
I think there's a country song in that story somewhere, or at least a White's story. If you write a story and send along that darlin' picture of yourself, Whites will send you a certificate for $100.

Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Mona Lisa, I just may have to write that song. Thanks for the sweet comment on the pic, I'm glad to have a picture taken after I found it. The always remember the first's. $100 cert. for a story and a pic. SOunds good. if I ever get around to it.
DANGLANGLEY said:
Hey There Fellow Tennessee TNetter Treasure Hunter,

Congrats on that great find. That is a beautiful coin! Keep up the good work.

DANGLANGLEY
Thank you Sir. I'm very happy with it.
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
All right Kirk. That was a dream come true for sure. I found a similar bent by the plow half reale last year. It sure is nice to find spanish silver. Nice infantry and tomback buttons also. I'm happy for ya dude.
Chris
Hey thanks zeus, I know you guys are finding the colonial era stuff all the time. I'm still hoping for the first LC

Always love the buttons, GREAT REALE!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats

What a GREAT picture, Kirk! :icon_pirat: Love that OvErStimUlated look! :sunny:

Kirk.jpg

I'm so happy for ya! Lots of great keepers there~

Congrats!!! Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back