diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Ideas? I've had this odd shaped sterling silver item floating around for years and just came across it again. I can tell you that it does not appear to be broken or bent out of shape . Appears to have been made just the way it is except maybe a little bending on the two outer (pin?) holes. It may have something to do with a watch band is all I can think of. Even the little scrolling things are different sized. A quick search didn't reveal the BB maker yet either. Here are the pics at different angles and such...

IMG_3646 (1280x1085) (2).jpgIMG_3644 (1280x896).jpgIMG_3627 (1280x1198).jpgIMG_3632 (1280x1054).jpgIMG_3628 (1280x1044).jpg
IMG_3638 (825x1280).jpgIMG_3637 (1140x1280).jpg

Kind of reminds me of a Music Sheet Holder or maybe from an Instrument. HH

Upvote 0
Possibly some sort of hair holder. Maybe you put aa fall of hair thru it, hold it in place thru the holes with a hat pin, and it holds your hair in a dramatic side fall?
if its sterling and hall marked, its most likely meant to be jewelry/

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies.

bobby5- Good idea on the sheet holders. I looked at many different clamp on type lyre shaped sheet music holders. The shape is similar. However, they are all slightly larger and the shape of the actual lyre is uniform. The shape of this object is offset with the arms of the "lyre" being 2 different sizes and shapes.

MotherOfGeeks - I agree there is something missing here. This piece is odd shaped, but it attaches to something. I've always thought it was a piece of some sort of unique deployment clasp to a particular wristwatch of some type or maybe even a bracelet. But I've never found a match.

littlehugger- I know the type of hair clip you're referring to but it's too small for that. I do agree, it could be a part from a piece of jewelry or watch band.

Upvote 0
I believe the mark is Berman Brothers, I have a jewelry book that shows the same style Bs stacked like that inside a triangle for that name, a quick search didnt find much for that company name, but this was one of the first hits. Certainly has similarities, and shares the BB mark.
000012029.2L.jpg
000012029.3L.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe the mark is Berman Brothers, I have a jewelry book that shows the same style Bs stacked like that inside a triangle for that name, a quick search didnt find much for that company name, but this was one of the first hits. Certainly has similarities, and shares the BB mark.
View attachment 1576090
View attachment 1576091
I saw that too, just wasn't sure if it was the same not being inside a triangle. However, I see that piece has the same mark, even sterling is stamped in the same manner. So thank you for narrowing down the maker. Now to figure out what purpose it served.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm thinking part of a piece of jewelry such as this image I found. Not sure what they really are, but mind told me to look up " antique scarf clip".

Attachments

• 2017-05-02-163647.jpg
    2017-05-02-163647.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0
I saw that too, just wasn't sure if it was the same not being inside a triangle. However, I see that piece has the same mark, even sterling is stamped in the same manner. So thank you for narrowing down the maker. Now to figure out what purpose it served.

It is also just as possible that in an effort to sell their pins, that individual looked at the same info, said to themselves "close enough" and listed it under that maker. Not seeing a lot of other examples out there, Yours has a very familiar look, but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking money clip for some reason.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back