Nox - Week 4 - 4 Silver Day+

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey folks,

Like a lot of you I presume, I’ve found myself with more time on my hands for detecting with work slowing way down.

I got out four of the last five days, one of which was my best day in the dirt so far this year. Here’s the rundown!

Monday

My hunting on Monday was slow going to begin with but the last hour really saved the hunt. The first good find of the hunt was a silver ring.
Adjustments.jpg

A while later I got a pretty pristine Indian.
Adjustments.jpg

Near the end of the hunt I got fooled pretty good thinking I had found a silver dime. Nope! Just a shiny, old transit token.
Adjustments.jpg

Here are the day’s totals.
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

The oldest of the 9 wheats were 16-S and 36-D.

Wednesday

My next chance to get back out there was Wednesday. It was a pretty lackluster day in a lot of ways but still a beautiful day to get out. Spent a total of five hours out there and got 7 wheats and a 1932 KGV Canadian Small cent.
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

One saving grace is that the wheats contained a lot of oldies (10, 16-S, 17-S, 18, 25-S, 29-S).

Thursday

Thursday turned out to be my best silver day (in the dirt, not beach) of the year.

Started off a little slow but probably an hour in I got my first banger, a 1955 Canadian quarter.
RenderedImage.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

I’ve only ever found one other with a young Queen Elizabeth on it in Aug., 2017 so that was a fun surprise!

Here’s another fun shot from the field from later in the afternoon. A blue Bennington marble and a Mercury Dime poking out of the sidewalk of a hole.
Adjustments.jpg

Here are Thursday’s totals:
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

The 4 silver coins are; 1955 Canadian Quarter, 17-D Merc (so close, ughhhh [emoji854]), 50-S & 57-D Rosies. No super old wheat pennies, the oldest dated to the early 20s.

Friday

I was hoping to have more time to detect yesterday but got caught up with work in the afternoon. I still snuck out for a bit and I’m glad I did!
BE988919-7D07-4EB6-A6D5-D7A232F02120.jpg
23ABAD19-5295-4C69-987E-121015BADBA7.jpg

Top highlights were the 49-D Rosie and the 1941 “The American Legion” booster member token. That was an especially fun surprise because I thought for sure it would be a tax token when I first saw it. Got a few more old wheats too including 10, 19-S, 25-S, 29-S.

No weekend hunting for me so I’m getting my wrap up done a bit early.

Good luck out there everyone!!
-W

Upvote 29

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back