HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Saturday (4-20-13) was an awesome day of digging for a lot of people on here (TreasureNet) and also too a few diggers I spoke with in Virginia. Like the guy who found the 5 George Washington Inaugural buttons also lot posted some coins they found,etc. Here in Virginia a buddy of mine dug a US Box plate while hunting in Stafford (I was not with him) and then some diggers up in Orange,Virginia found a CS rectangle buckle along with 2 Virginia buttons all in the same small area.

I was out hunting in the Northern Neck of Virginia on Saturday and dug a 1817 Liberty and also this Flower button that dates too the late 19th century also found a few flat buttons.

Went back too the same spot Sunday and dug 1 flat button but decided too go today and found a 1846 Liberty in the last 30 minutes of the hunt before I called it a quits. I soaked the 1817 in Olive oil and the 1846 after sitting in oil and brushing off will come out like the 1817!

Also I want too note that I found these liberty's in a spot where I was digging up shotgun shells and .22's . You always have too dig up the signals even if you think it is a shotgun or .22 because you really do not know ( I guess unless you have that Whites MDer that tells you what it is before you dig it up).

Sometimes the best places to hunt are the ones where there is 80% trash (shotgun shells,cans,pull tabs,etc) and you may be digging trash for an hour before you hit something good but lot of MDers do not want too take the time too dig trash. But if you know you are in a good area and there is spots that are trashy and no other MDer wants too take the time too hunt that area you may find something very good.

Attachments

• 103_0443.JPG
    103_0443.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 103_0444.JPG
    103_0444.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 2
Couple of sweet LCs there HSD & that is a killer flower button!

Beautiful coins! My heart still pounds every time I think it's a large cent! Congratulations! H Digs

Nice finds!

By golly, I'd brag about finding coins and buttons like those.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back