Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least before we get two feet of snow this weekend. Started out a great day, but as usual when I camp here mid afternoon the rain came in and the wind got up big time. I should just call this place Rainy Mountain like the Kiowas call that place in Oklahoma. A rock formation in a canyon caught my eye, as it appears man made. There is a prospect pit not far away, but there are prehistoric burials in this area so I didn't mess with it. I had hoped to get a pic of that comet or at least see it, but it was too cloudy.
10-16aaa.jpg
10-16bbb.jpg
10-16ccc.jpg
10-16ddd.jpg
10-16eee.jpg

Yep TR, you been all over there, more than me. They have settled our forecast down and now the SW part of the state may get two feet. Not much for us. Any ideas on those rocks in that last pic?

Yep TR, you been all over there, more than me. They have settled our forecast down and now the SW part of the state may get two feet. Not much for us. Any ideas on those rocks in that last pic?
I don't have an idea outside of it seems it's covering up something or maybe an old claims marker. You could be right about graves. There's some that I believe might be grave markers on the other side of the river. What ever they are someone was very selective on the particular rocks that they stacked. All the rocks were of the same color and came from a location that was quite a ways from where they were stacked and it was done a long time ago imo. I've based that idea on all the blown in dust between the rock pile and vegetation growing on and around it is why it was done long ago. Tough to contemplate and for years I've wondered, are they graves or is something else buried there. 🤔

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back