No Shovels Allowed!!!!!

midwest hillbilly said:
i also hunt this same park (hope to see ya around snow) and i to use the same kind of shovel i've dug alot of holes there, never had any trouble i've talked to a few of the park guys nobody cares just as long as you fill your hole. i do understand though that it does look better (not having a shovel in your hand lol) but it looks like only the guys in the club care what you use!! i have nothing against any of these guys and i know none of them i just know what works for me i dig better plugs with my shovel than i do with anything else i use not to mention my hands are not sore anymore. i did see his pic in our paper and it was taken as he was digging he had a perfect plug not to mention the ground is still frozen he would of needed a ice pick not a srewdriver!! snow i haven't been out yet still waiting for it to warm up but seeing you in miller park with that e-trax makes me think i better get out there before you get all the goodies. you see me if you hunt miiler park i'll be the hillbilly with the shovel (lol)

good to know!! that plug did look pretty good huh? ;) I don't even have any goodies yet! My keepers consist of 7 common wheats and a '64 rosie(with 5 wheats and the rosie coming from my own backyard). Only keeper I found on that park hunt was a 45d wheat in 4 hours, so you need to leave some for me haha. Let me know if you want to go hunt anytime, supposed to warm up a little bit next week.

And I agree that this site is the best club around, but most people are a couple hours drive away and for me I'd rather hunt with other people (with an exception of a few small sites in which I plan to be very very greedy with) :read2:

the goodies are getting very thin there but in the last couple years i've dug indians,buffalos,v and sheild nickels,barbers and mercs but i to hunt other places miller park is just close to me lol. i seen in one of your other posts about marineveiw yes you can hunt there with permit but can't use any digging tools? yes when it warms up we'll have to get together i go somewere just about ever weekend i usually hunt early mornings and afternoons!!

DP BOB said:
Newt said:
Your part of a huge club right here!

I agree who needs them when you got " The Illinois Section of Treasurenet " the best of all states and countries...

Stick with us and forget about them......

:headbang:

Is it also Possable
they were Yanking your Chain ?

Yes....You all know I use a shovel....I have not been aprouched but one time about it....After he seen the recovery and how I put the plug back you could not tell from ten feet away....He said 'Thats neat....I have seen guys out here with garden trowels that were messy...You are very neat'....
At first I used an 8 inch knife....I got a few people that googled me as I walked around,as well as in two instances ..The police were eyeing me....Others have even told me that that large knif looks like a wepon...So .........Now I always carry a 2 foot shovel & a Lesche digger...The Lesche is always on my belt.....And I leave the shovel in the car when diggin well manicured parks...Why ?.....Not because I can make better plugs with it....But because of little Nanny's that will call the cops on you for carrying a shovel in those parks with-out even coming to see if you are really making a mess or not....They just assume because you carry/use a shovel ...You are digging craters ,and not covering them inthier park...
This year I have a probe I am going to carry for the shallow targets as well......and I am going to find a digger that is 14-16" long to carry instead of my 2' shovel....
Ohh......I carry a drop cloth to put the soil on most of the time as well

yeah i knew that spot had been a heavily detected but I figured I could find a few goodies.. and hopefully still can. Maybe I was just in the wrong area. Jeff I wish it was so, but there was no possible way that they were joking.

I have a serious itch to find an old coin.. any of those that you listed.. hopefully soon

snowskate said:
I have a serious itch to find an old coin.. any of those that you listed.. hopefully soon

A warm up is coming, you'll find something soon.

Personally I would never use a shovel, I try to be as inconspicious as possible and attract as little attention as possible when detecting parks. I use the EZ-dig-R system, but they are no longer available. If I did not have the EZ-Dig-R I would use my Lesche digger.

ezdigrII-1.jpg

I personally don't like to use a coin probe and a coin popper (looks kind of like a screwdriver) but I always try to carry them in my pouch just in case I'm approached by somebody and let them think that's what I use to retrieve coins. In the woods I'll use a shovel but never in a park no matter how nice of a plug I can make. My lesche works fine there. There are just to many people out there ready and willing to make your life miserable, unfortunately. Good luck.
HH
John

Attachments

• coinpopprobe_detailpageC.jpg
    coinpopprobe_detailpageC.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 206
Treasure_Hunter said:
Personally I would never use a shovel, I try to be as inconspicious as possible and attract as little attention as possible when detecting parks. I use the EZ-dig-R system, but they are no longer available. If I did not have the EZ-Dig-R I would use my Lesche digger.

ezdigrII-1.jpg

How well does that work on a deepie? Say 9 inches plus. I think you'd be digging a real long time, and that might look conspicuous as well. I could be wrong though, having not used one. I think generally a lesche is good and concealable and like Kimsdad said proper bag placement helps.

I have dug up targets 9 inches with it and it's not really a problem, but I am not digging in dry clay that hasn't seen rain in 40 days either. Not to say it wouldn't work, just haven't tried it here.

I have used it to dig in hard ground here in Florida where I could not push my probe in......I use the Detectorpro Uniprobe to locate and stay on the target and recovered target using the Ez-Dig-R system, you would be really surprised what it can do. The inventor used his for well over 20 years before he passed away. I have been using mine for about 3 years and is the only tool I use in the park, I leave the Lesche digger in the truck and so far have never had to go back to get it........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back