No more coins

My credit union has stopped selling me coins, only 2 rolls a day, no boxes. My grandson started CRHing about 1 month ago and everything was fine. Is this what banks are doing now? I live in Utah.
It happens. It can be a cost for the bank. Look for a different bank, there are good ones out there that will have no problem ordering boxes.

I'd just say don't return the coins to the same bank you pick up from, to keep them happy.

My credit union has stopped selling me coins, only 2 rolls a day, no boxes. My grandson started CRHing about 1 month ago and everything was fine. Is this what banks are doing now? I live in Utah.
My bank here in Michigan will still do it.
But had our credit Union stop. I believe it’s up to the branch if they want to sell or not.

Most bank and Credit Union branches have contracts with their cash management service (Brinks, Loomis, Garda, etc) stating the maximum of coin and currency delivered and removed on a regular basis. Anything beyond this incurs costs by the bank or credit union branch. Were I in their business, I would take reasonable measures to reduce that additional cost as much as possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back