No idea what this is??

soulranger

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am VERY new to metal detecting. This is actually my 4th find. I have no clue what it is. I've taken 2 pictures of each side, and put a quarter in one of them to help show the size. Not only do I not know what it is, I do not know what type of metal it is. I would like to at least figure out what type of metal it is. A magnet does NOT stick to it. I found it in my yard (Pennsylvania). Thanks so much for the time and help!

Mike

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    868 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
melted lead would be guess with out touching it

Upvote 0
Looks Like a Crushed Wine Cap to Me by the Pics

Tin or Lead ?

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if perhaps it is lead. Again, I am very new to this but I do not see a resemblance to a wine cap as suggested above. Is there an easy way to confirm that it is lead (or not)? Thanks again!

Upvote 0
does it dent easily? Is it very heavy for its size?

Could be melted aluminum.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if perhaps it is lead. Again, I am very new to this but I do not see a resemblance to a wine cap as suggested above. Is there an easy way to confirm that it is lead (or not)? Thanks again!

OK Thanks !

in many cases This Shape Is what Caps Look like that have been Crushed

2.jpg

& the Reason I thought Cap.

As mentioned above.
You would know Better As you can handle it :coffee2:

Is a Bit large Though for a Wine Cap, Now that I look closer at your Pics
& compare it to the Quarter

Upvote 0
Looks to me that it fell in on itself as it melted, perhaps a portion of lead pipe or aluminum can/ pot metal tube. Hard to say without handling it.

Upvote 0
Glad to see you enjoying the hobby. You will find all kinds of stuff like this and it is always good to ask what it is because you never know and its fun to learn. Dig it all till you learn your machine you will grow to love this hobby not only by what you find but the fun of what you might find. Good job on the find keep at it keep posting Tommy

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back