Next equipment purchase is?

e404sme

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After purchasing "the basics" which includes couple of sizes of pans, glass vials to put the gold in, 1/4" and 1/8" classifiers, a sucker bottle, tweezers, hand shovel, shovel, and a couple 5 gallon buckets, what would you suggest as the next purchase? I live in Minnesota and spend some time in Wisconsin panning flour gold. Thanks! e404sme

Upvote 0
Hey Terry
What do ya think a highbanker could do out in the desert.

Cpt Herb
I have reread your post and I did not answer the question. The highbanker (mine is a Jobe) works very nice on the desert. Set up to recirculate, it is difficult to beat with any other method. I don't (have to) wander too far from roads so dry placering (dry washing) is not a concern of mine. Wet recovery, if possible, is always better than dry methods. Tnx. TTC

wet is better in the dry desert ? better than a drywasher ?
Yes it is, H-2. That is, if water can be brought in. As I indicated, the areas I hunt are close enough to take water in. Some say certain new drywashers get better than 85% of the gold. But they must cocede that wet is better than dry.... all other variables being equal, such as operator experience, location, and DRY weather. Unlike wet systems, drywashing MUST be absolutely dry. A thunderstorm three days ago can ruin a planned day on the desert with a drywasher. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back