Newbie in Ottawa...doing research, reading books and just did my first trip!

ScharfRJ

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2013
Ottawa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 1100
Bounty Hunter Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone...I just did my first fieldwork as a detectorists in Ottawa here, at what looked like an old house plot...got a hit for silver/copper at 5-6" with my new Discovery 1100...got muck on my hands, gloves, digging tool, neck, t-shirt and metal detector...all for a piece of aluminum siding...obviously need to have a water bucket and towels in the car to cover these situations, so I don't end up running home with my tail between my legs LMAO
I've been reading metal detector books and have been reviewing online aerial photos of the area to find old farm houses...anyone know if map services that will overlay new maps with old 1900s maps of the same scale, so we can track down old roads that are now missing from modern maps?
Cheers
RJ

Upvote 0
Your supposed to be able to overlay a Historical map you have scanned or saved from the internet onto a Google Earth Satellite image. I believe I've read a post on the T Net but not really sure exactly where I've seen it. I did try with 1800's maps of my town and Google Earth but was not successful. I'm very interested in this and hope you get some good responses. Hunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back