Newbie in Okinawa with an Ace 350

I hear they ban detecting in Okinawa!

Really? Wow it's understandable with the live Grenades still around and the habu snakes. I will get withe legal officer to verify.

I think onthespot is kidding. He lives in that neck of the woods and is hoping to cash in when he is healed up. Check out some of his past posts, he knows what he is doing!!!

Kinda did some research and spoke to a few people lol. It's ok it's just a small hobby to kill time on the island with my boys.

searched.gif
I searched
tn_02.gif
and got a lot of hits - here are just a few...

The Marines are transferring my son-in-law to Okinawa next year. Not sure if I will visit or not. I was wondering if anyone else detected over there.

David

Sorry about that, I was joking. Okinawa has a big learning curve, from where you can hunt to how to hunt it. In 2012 I had 2 keeper rings from march to December. Once I got it dialed in, I have had a much better 2013. Just keep at it and you will do fine.

With the Ace 350 you will be limited to the dry sand, but there is a lot to be found in the sand!

It has a waterproof coil but I'm looking at the AT pro for sure.

Last edited:
Looking to buy another detector. Any advice? AT Pro?

You have the dry sand covered how about an excal for the wet and water. Or if you want to stay in the wet sand the ctx 3030 is a great machine. But I guess it depends on price preference.

If you don't mind digging everything the whites dual field is a great machine. I use mine for diving as well. And the Tesoro shank shark is good too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back