New treasure theory?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
As I said before believe what you will. We come on this site to discuss possibilities.
We all have not made our mind up about everything and every treasure as you have.
Possibilities that are far too often presented as fact by you and others without presenting actual documented evidence.
Possibilities are in no way considered as actual fact, are they?
They are just suppositions clothed in innuendo in speculation costume masquerading as fact.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If everything was documented as you want it, we would not be on here to discuss it.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If everything was documented as you want it, we would not be on here to discuss it.

Most historical events have been and are documented, especially those concerning the Templars.
What is NOT documented are these fringe conspiracy histories that became popular in the 1980's and continue to this day based more on fill in the blanks speculative imagination than actual fact.
As an example-de Villers disappeared from the European historical record, therefore he and other Templars sailed to Nova Scotia.
There is NO evidence to support this outside of pure speculation concerning his disappearing from the historical record.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most historical events have been and are documented, especially those concerning the Templars.
What is NOT documented are these fringe conspiracy histories that became popular in the 1980's and continue to this day based more on fill in the blanks speculative imagination than actual fact.
As an example-de Villers disappeared from the European historical record, therefore he and other Templars sailed to Nova Scotia.
There is NO evidence to support this outside of pure speculation concerning his disappearing from the historical record.

Then go find documents of de Villers and let us know what you found. That is why we discuss these things. Just maybe someone has researched and found the documents we are looking for and not just us searching it is everyone searching. So do your share, do some searching and let us know what you find. We do not need to know what academics have not found. We want to find something they have not found. And brother there is a lot they have not found either.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have done my share are real research, Franklin, its just that some prefer to believe the pulp pseudo history perpetrated by profit motivated quasi historian authors, and do not know the difference between the two.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done my share are real research, Franklin, its just that some prefer to believe the pulp pseudo history perpetrated by profot motivated quasi historian authors, and do not know the difference between the two.

You have stated those words a lot longer than you have researched. You pretty much have them down pat.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You have stated those words a lot longer than you have researched. You pretty much have them down pat.

...and you have complained and constantly criticized me and others who post actual documented facts, so I reckon you pretty much have your remarks down pat. :thumbsup:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe the treasure on Oak Island is from the Knight's Templar. The treasure vault should be located 150 feet under "Kingdom" of the Kabbala Tree of Life.

Sorry folks. I was wrong about this location as it was a guess. The actual location of where the largest portion of the treasure buried on Oak Island is about one hundred yards North of the Welcome Center after crossing the causeway. After you go around the curve the treasure's location is on the right side of the road at Latitude 44 30 48.6 North.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry folks. I was wrong about this location as it was a guess. The actual location of where the largest portion of the treasure buried on Oak Island is about one hundred yards North of the Welcome Center after crossing the causeway. After you go around the curve the treasure's location is on the right side of the road at Latitude 44 30 48.6 North.

Is the treasure located at the gift shop?
https://www.oakislandtours.ca/shop.html

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
I do believe the treasure on Oak Island is from the Knight's Templar. The treasure vault should be located 150 feet under "Kingdom" of the Kabbala Tree of Life.

The problem I have with these theories is that there's no evidence there was some massive encampment on the island for all those needed to do all this work... in this case laying out those giant boulders to create Nolan's Cross... or a Kabbala Tree... or dig a massive network of tunnels... and "flood" tunnels. And given these vague clues... to be off by 10' is just as bad as being off by 1000'.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... The Knight's Templar that made the map was Antonio Zeno. Where was he from Italy.
They had Knight Templars from Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Islands in the Mediterranean.
They even had one navigator from China...
Antonio Zeno was not a Templar
A navigator from China?
Did he return with Marco Polo?
Is this about the alleged voyage of Henry Sinclair?
What is the source of this information?

OP
OP
Al D

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yup....cant miss it, :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you know what Sir Henry Sinclair's handwriting would look like? Are you a writing expert?
What language would Sir Henry Sinclair have written his journals in? You can not answer any of these questions.
I have seen Sir Henry Sinclair's handwriting about the wreck of his ship in 1398, the Saint Katherine on Dog Island in Saint Katherine Bay as he named it later. Saint Katherine Bay today is Mahone Bay. Sir Henry Sinclair wrote his Journals in Latin.
Where have you seen Sir Henty Sinclair's handwriting?
Diana Jean Muir did not have a sample of Sinclair's handwriting, all she ever had were handwritten copies of alleged "original" copies, but disposed of these copies of copies after making photocopies.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I have seen Sir Henry Sinclair's handwriting ...
Where have you seen Henry Sinclair's handwriting? Was it verified?
I remember when you stated Shakespeare was illiterate and couldn't sign his name and I posted links that shown his verified signature and an original copy of a play written by another that he revised with his handwriting that has been verified.
Will you post a link to this verified handwriting of Henry Sinclair that you have stated to have seen?

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 Vanquish 540 Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where have you seen Henry Sinclair's handwriting? Was it verified?
I remember when you stated Shakespeare was illiterate and couldn't sign his name and I posted links that shown his verified signature and an original copy of a play written by another that he revised with his handwriting that has been verified.
Will you post a link to this verified handwriting of Henry Sinclair that you have stated to have seen?

He saw it in a cloud of smoke. It's gone now.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The existence of a treasure is based on the speculative assumption promoted by McGinnis, Vaughn, and Smith that the pit must hold the treasure of Captain Kidd.
From that all these other tales of who put the treasure on Oak Island evolved from fantasy, not fact.
The major fact overlooked is that it has never been established by evidence or any real proof beyond imagination that there ever was a treasure in that hole on Oak Island.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know if I ever found a fabulous treasure - or even a couple of gold coins in a "legendary treasure location"...I would tell everyone I had turned up a "dry hole" and was giving up - but the treasure is still there! Any subsequent searches would eliminate any evidence I had found anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread