New to Forum -- Any Indiana Arrowhead hunters here

I'm not a Hoosier but welcome to the forum. Hope to see some of your finds! Lots of nice stuff from that part of the country.

I'm from IL. Welcome to the forum and I hope you have a good time here, lots of nice people to help you if you need it. Show us some of your stuff!
badandy

i am from mishawaka - up by notre dame. I was out this morning in the rain metal detecting in an old cemetary. theres no longer any markers and since it is basically a forest i stayed pretty dry in the RAIN!. anyhow i think i may have found my first indian relic. my wife would say its just a stone and it very well may be but it caught my eye. keep in mind there is a creek with in 50' that flows into the st. joe river and i was at an elevation of probably 40 ft' above the creek. anyhow heres the pic. tell me what you think and if its just a stone try not to laugh - it was raining pretty good! by the way it just looked like the stone may have been worked - the photos dont do it justice. anyhow....... remeber not to laugh !@

Attachments

• DSC00613a.jpg
    DSC00613a.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 337
  • DSC00614a.jpg
    DSC00614a.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 332
Hi, Welcome to the forum. I am from the Southern Most tip of Indiana. I arrowhead hunt as much as possible. We have Woodland and Mississippian sites all around where I live, some of which Cheryl Munson who specializes in Posey County archaeology. She looked at a bear carving out of stone which I found and is planning on a trip to take a look at it. My carving is in this section if you care to take a look.

Hello Indiana peeps.... I live in Avon Indiana...basically Indy area...and need to find some arrowhead hunting grounds ....I'm from Ohio and has a large collection from living on a Indian site back in Ohio...but recently got the bug again now that I have kids that want to hunt with me....so if anyone has any locations in or around Indy...hit me up...Id love to go hunt with someone from around here..

Cheers
Marc

This is from back in Oct 2006 little old

Welcome to the forum. I have spent time hunting Indy mainly north central but have hunted deep south central. Good luck

welcome.

I am on the far, far east side of Indy. Hancock County. Been hunting and collecting relics since 1967.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back