Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• New Field New Finds3.jpg
    New Field New Finds3.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,220
Upvote 0
I like the rattle :icon_thumleft:

that "heart" harness buckle.. is it silver plated or solid silver? Ive seen a few posted and also found one myself and none of them had any silver plating left (assuming yours is plated) cool find

snakeyes said:
looks like you had a good day, have you been back? :hello2:

No the ground is frozen now so I will have to wait till spring.

umrgolf said:
that "heart" harness buckle.. is it silver plated or solid silver? Ive seen a few posted and also found one myself and none of them had any silver plating left (assuming yours is plated) cool find

I wish it was solid silver but like yours is only plated. :wink:

Nice finds! Field's are always fun when you can dig every item just to see what it may be.

Anyone know what that key was used for? I found the top part of one of those keys on a farm in VA. I wasn't SURE it was a key until I saw this one.

great finds, I love crotal bells! what yrs are the coins?

Nice finds! I know that there must be some more goodies there. Don't you just love hunting old fields?:)

matt092079 said:
Anyone know what that key was used for? I found the top part of one of those keys on a farm in VA. I wasn't SURE it was a key until I saw this one.
Looks like a Railroad key, Excellent finds :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

pganjon said:
matt092079 said:
Looks like a Railroad key, Excellent finds :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

Thanks!

Goldirocks said:
Nice finds! I know that there must be some more goodies there. Don't you just love hunting old fields?:)
I do like hunting the old fields I get my best finds there.

Nice finds! Just FYI, that is a harness "buckle cover", not an actual buckle.

I agree, the key looks like the kind that would be used on the railroad to unlock the switch to change tracks. Maybe you can try cleaning it off at the top. If it is a railroad key, either the name of the railroad or the initials will be stamped at the top. (If it turns out to be a railroad key, let me know what railroad. ;D)

-ncsilverspider

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back