All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• New Field New Finds3.jpg
    New Field New Finds3.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,220
Upvote 0
Nice group of digs,
Brussels 'Mannekin Pis' replica, I got a different one a while back,
seems that the makers aren't too particular about having them resemble the actual statue, as long as he's peeing :icon_scratch:
Interesting note, during celebratory events, they fill the statue with Belgian ale for all to enjoy :D

ncsilverspider said:
I agree, the key looks like the kind that would be used on the railroad to unlock the switch to change tracks. Maybe you can try cleaning it off at the top. If it is a railroad key, either the name of the railroad or the initials will be stamped at the top. (If it turns out to be a railroad key, let me know what railroad. ;D)

-ncsilverspider
Thanks for the info,I'll see if anything is stamped on it and let you know.

ncsilverspider said:
I agree, the key looks like the kind that would be used on the railroad to unlock the switch to change tracks. Maybe you can try cleaning it off at the top. If it is a railroad key, either the name of the railroad or the initials will be stamped at the top. (If it turns out to be a railroad key, let me know what railroad. ;D)

-ncsilverspider
I do see writing on both sides now that I've looked closer one side is stamped 13c4 the other side is hard to read. Any cleaning ideas?

Roland58 said:
How about the little statue in the right of you pic? Is that a representation of the little boy that "pees" in the fountain in Brussels? I can't quite make out what it says on the base, but, appears is may say "Brussels" in some other language.
It's spelled bruxelles it's very heavy and was attatched to something. On the bottom there is an iron stain

steelheadwill said:
Nice group of digs,
Brussels 'Mannekin Pis' replica, I got a different one a while back,
seems that the makers aren't too particular about having them resemble the actual statue, as long as he's peeing :icon_scratch:
Interesting note, during celebratory events, they fill the statue with Belgian ale for all to enjoy :D
Sounds like I need to take a vacation :icon_thumleft:

looking4largecent said:
ncsilverspider said:

-ncsilverspider
I do see writing on both sides now that I've looked closer one side is stamped 13c4 the other side is hard to read. Any cleaning ideas?

Is the key copper or brass? If it is, try a long soak in olive oil, and then dry of with paper towel.

-ncsilverspider

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back