diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
never ever believe it's hunted out!!!

Was hunting my spot in Cold Harbor this morning and it was COLD! started by finding a bullet, a round ball and a percussion cap. Starting to think at that point that I may need to find a new spot to hunt when I got a faint signal that got louder the deeper I dug. Everyone on this site knows thats a good sign! When I was about 17 inches deep, I saw the unmistakable curve and green patina of a US plate! This is the second one to come out of this site and I am now going to tiptoe my way through and listen to and dig every little beep and blip. Thanks for looking and good luck to everybody!
bklnhol.pngbklfrt1413.pngbklbak1413.png

Upvote 31
Very Nice find! Congrats.

Man that is one fine looking relic right out of the ground. Is that the other one in the background of your picture? Nice finds sir!:thumbsup:

Yep, the one in the background is the one I found in the same area ack in June
Man that is one fine looking relic right out of the ground. Is that the other one in the background of your picture? Nice finds sir!:thumbsup:

I was out of town and just saw your post. Great find from a historic site and minimal ground action too. HH, Quindy.

Very sweet! It even has all the hooks. :icon_thumleft:

Steve

nice find!

[great find,i am heading over near cross keys battlefield on private property soon and hope to find one!

Diggervet ! Hey im a fellow Virginian too, spend alot of my time digging in Stafford,Fredericksburg and Port Royal. Got plenty and plenty of union spots too hit up, I'm looking for someone who doesn't mind digging hut sites out with me, I use to hunt alot with Dennis Cox but lately i been going solo since a good relic friend of mine moved further down South. IF you ever run out of spots hit me up so we can meet up @ the Diner across from the Confederate cemetery in Fredericksburg and i can take you to some spots so we can dig out some hut sites. :occasion14:

Send me a message and we'll see if we can arrange to get together, never dug out a hut site! can I bring my son to help?
Diggervet ! Hey im a fellow Virginian too, spend alot of my time digging in Stafford,Fredericksburg and Port Royal. Got plenty and plenty of union spots too hit up, I'm looking for someone who doesn't mind digging hut sites out with me, I use to hunt alot with Dennis Cox but lately i been going solo since a good relic friend of mine moved further down South. IF you ever run out of spots hit me up so we can meet up @ the Diner across from the Confederate cemetery in Fredericksburg and i can take you to some spots so we can dig out some hut sites. :occasion14:

That one is a beauty! Probably since it was so deep it was never disturbed by a plow.

That is a great find. It pays to slow down and listen.
Dman

Im always saying this to my self out in the field..
SWING SLOW AND TREASURES GROW! And beleve me it works : )

10-4 DiggerVet, sorry this weekend couldn't work out :sadsmiley: due too work but anytime after Sunday is great, sure you would love too see this camp ! :laughing7:

Gorgeous belt plate!
Here is a pic from the Cold Harbor battlefields of some laborers gathering remains after the war (April 1865).
Could be the former owner of your beautiful belt plate.
Pic is from Shorpy.com
Shorpy is an awesome site for vintage photo addicts.

No wonder so many relics there, aint it?SHORPY_cold_harbor_civil_war.jpg

what detector was use...nice find that is on my list...

Awesome, that thing is in beautiful condition. Looks like it is ready to show off. Nice. Congrats!

Don
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back