diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
never ever believe it's hunted out!!!

Was hunting my spot in Cold Harbor this morning and it was COLD! started by finding a bullet, a round ball and a percussion cap. Starting to think at that point that I may need to find a new spot to hunt when I got a faint signal that got louder the deeper I dug. Everyone on this site knows thats a good sign! When I was about 17 inches deep, I saw the unmistakable curve and green patina of a US plate! This is the second one to come out of this site and I am now going to tiptoe my way through and listen to and dig every little beep and blip. Thanks for looking and good luck to everybody!
bklnhol.pngbklfrt1413.pngbklbak1413.png

Upvote 31
Awesome finds man...grid small areas and tip toe lightly:icon_thumright:

How much snow do you have in Virginia? or do you have any at all?....Just wondering

WOW !! very nice job !! way to keep at the signal !!! :thumbsup:

Very nice plate! Congrats! :occasion14:

That is a beauty! I would leave it just as is. Congrats! No snow in this area except for the mtns.

no snow in va unless ur in the mtns

I'll send you some from mo tonight so I can start hunting again. lol great finds. Don't drink and drive you might spill your drink

That's really cool, don't get to find that stuff up here in Detroit.

If anyone has given up on a site because it's hunted out. PLEASE! Let me know where. :)

Great find!!

HH!

very nice find. I hunt a lot of Cold Harbor and its amazing what is still in the ground.

Wow!!!!!!! I have a Union site around the corner from me. Camp Milton (historic preserve now)is 5 miles from the house and I have been working hard to get permission from the surrounding land owners to run it. I dream of a find like that!!

Congratz!!

That's a very nice find.congrats

A find us westerners can only dream about. Good going.

Awesome score diggervet, I am curious if it was buried face up or down, It's interesting that you found this at 17" deep and makes you wonder how many guys went over that before you, and never got a decent enough signal to dig. Congrats

Always feels good to snatch one from the depths. Great find and in awesome shape to boot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back