Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, ACE 350
unk 2.JPGunk  1.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree Breezie! :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Hey bayou6895!! It appears to be a crucible for heating over a Bunsen Burner used in Chemistry Classes!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Upvote 0
I really appreciate all of you input, so keep them coming. Things like this drive me crazy, in a good way. I still dont know if it's for tea or for a mantle. I will keep hunting the internet for the answer. Thanks again, if I find out what it is, I'll post it.

P.S. GEAUX TIGERS

Upvote 0
View attachment 1007548The tabs are bent I believe they are supposed to be alongside the handle up tight if you look in the pic bigfoot provided you can see this is what is pictured IMO. The only thing missing is the screen that went down over it I am pretty sure those were removable and replaceable.

Upvote 0
The tabs are bent I believe they are supposed to be alongside the handle up tight if you look in the pic bigfoot provided you can see this is what is pictured IMO. The only thing missing is the screen that went down over it I am pretty sure those were removable and replaceable.

I understand what you're saying, and can see it, but what held the wire up in place? The one I pictured is screwed/locked down.

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0
I understand what you're saying, and can see it, but what held the wire up in place? The one I pictured is screwed/locked down.

Breezie
I can't enlarge bigfoot's pic but in your pic that you enlarged the U shape in the tab is what would have held the wire up and in place.If the OP bent the tabs back up with the wire handle in the U slots it will be a twin to bigfoots pic.

Upvote 0
I can't enlarge bigfoot's pic but in your pic that you enlarged the U shape in the tab is what would have held the wire up and in place.If the OP bent the tabs back up with the wire handle in the U slots it will be a twin to bigfoots pic.

Okay; thanks for explaining.

Breezie

Upvote 0
this the only other photo I could find of a rector gas lamp mantle assembly...

images (1).jpg.......unk  1.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After looking at the item a little more, I believe the people saying its a lighting / gas mantel part are correct. I appreciate all your work in helping me. This is a great site with good people. I learn so much from y'all. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
After looking at the item a little more, I believe the people saying its a lighting / gas mantel part are correct. I appreciate all your work in helping me. This is a great site with good people. I learn so much from y'all. Thanks again.

After seeing BigFoots pics & BotB's explanation, I agree. I enjoyed learning about this one.

Breezie

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back