Need help in identifying a rock

Fodegrass

Jul 11, 2023
It gets attracted towards magnet towards small magnets. It's color is a mixture of brown, black and white particles. When exposed to sunlight the white particles is shining. The streak is white color. Fingernails can scratch the rock. It looks like a pebble.

Attachments

• 20240714_140606.jpg
    20240714_140606.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 20
Sounds like you've found a hot rock.

What is a hot rock?

What is a hot rock?

Sorry. How did you found out it is a hot rock?

It gets attracted towards magnet towards small magnets. It's color is a mixture of brown, black and white particles. When exposed to sunlight the white particles is shining. The streak is white color. Fingernails can scratch the rock. It looks like a pebble.
Hi. What type of signal did it give on your detector? Im guessing positive rising sound. Given its attracted to a magnet I'll guess positive and contains naturally occuring iron mineralisation in some form or another. There is also the possibility that a tiny bit of actual iron as it was rusting away oxidised with some surrounding small gravels or sand creating what looks like a pebble or rock. I have found those before.
I don't know what type of hunting scenario you found it in but when I hunt gold nuggets I never discard hotrocks before investigating them. Usually involves a hammer. Often I have found gold in them though more often than not they are just a rock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back