NAZI something.......

xcolo1

Sep 8, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT 1 million
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally random find, completely threw me through a loop since I dug it in a park in Baltimore city??? anybody know what it is?
image.jpegimage_1.jpegimage_2.jpeg

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Upvote 0
There is no doubt the swastika symbol has been used by many. I have pre 1930s brass valves From U.S. companies with swastikas.
But Show me a swastika being carried by an eagle that is not a nazi symbol and it will be the first I've seen.

Upvote 0
Two blocks off main st in my home town. Old home site. Let me see if can find pic.

Upvote 0
Interesting fact... the Swastika was once a Christian symbol ;) Many Nazis were Christians. If you look at the belt buckle worn by German soldiers, it says right on it "Gott mit uns" (god is with us).

Upvote 0
Post it pippinwhitepaws :) This still isn't solved. You have identified A LOT on this forum and I think the OP would appreciate your answer. I cannot pin point it so go for it. You know your history

Upvote 0
I found it in a park that does have a WW2 memorial but it was about 50 yards away. Its an older memorial from right after the war so maybe it was dropped during a parade or ceremony by accident?? Researching so far I've found out that the eagle means its from the Luftwaffe which is pretty cool and the letters and numbers with the decimals seems to be a unit or squadron but I just cant find out exactly what it is arghhhhh!!!

Maybe an ID tag... here is something similar Time Traveler Militaria - WW2 German Luftwaffe ID Discs

I also found a Nazi relic in a local park which surprised me once I researched it and identified what the relic was.

detecting finds.jpg

Upvote 0
The NSDAP (Nazi) swastika was Not always at an angle, take for example the Fuhrer's own standard (flag).... Just for the sake of correcting the earlier, common misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this piece is not an award or a personal identification tag...
I do believe it is an original piece, the detail is typical of Nazi items.
the lack of a RZM number leads me to believe it was used to identify some quality piece of equipment, or a tank of rocket fuel... it is not a one off, one use piece...the only information I can find that relates, is rocket fuel.
the firemans award second class is a great find...but...not in the same class of metal strikes as awards

this guy may know...Luft '46 - WWII German aircraft projects

Upvote 0
WOW!!! And this is why I freakin:hello2: LOVE:hello2: this site!!!!! Just checking back after posting yesterday and was amazed with the responses so far. This is what this forum is all about, and metal detecting for me. The amount of information I've learned over the years from MD'ing and researching my finds, this site and scouting areas is just fantastic. I never know what I'm going to learn next!! Today it was about the Luftwaffe and how the swastika. Thanks again for everybody's input, truly appreciated. I'll keep looking to see if I can get an exact ID on it, much more learning to do haha.

KEEP SWINGIN~~~~~

Upvote 0
The swastica was used in the 20's and 30's for good luck to sell salt and shoes (two tokens I own).
IM000541.jpg

IM000540.jpg

But in the talons of an eagle pretty much isolates it to Nazi Germany - 1933 to 1945.

But then again it would have been used on everything from a pool locker/basket tag to a luggage tag to a dog tag. No one in German controlled territory then wanted to be recognized as NOT a loyal Nazi; for obvious reasons. No matter what you believed you didn't want to end up kneeling over a trench with the noisy end of a Luger held against your head.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its a German Id tag Of some type.
Its numbered the same as a German ww2 dog tag
1. is first company , then the abbreviation for that company, j.n.sch. , then 3 for what i think 3rd regiment?
Then 12 witch is the personal number.
Just like this ww2 dog tag is numbered.
images.jpeg4th infantry, ? battalion 514 , personal #915, blood type A

Upvote 0
I thought it was a rare type of Identity tag but the experts on another forum have said definitely not. I'm gonna agree with NOLA Ken on it being a tool, equipment or property tag of some sort. Especially after I posted it on here Is this a type of identity tag? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums , lol.
The 3/NJSCH/1 stands for 3/ 3/Nachtjagd-Shule/1 translates to Night Fighter school.

Upvote 0
ok...I guess I made a false attempt....
the tag is not an award, nor an identity disk

yes it is for some piece of equipment...a high quality piece such as optics or radar...needed materials for a night fighter squadron...

I kept finding references to rocket fuel...and as far as I know, the comet was never used as a night fighter...nor were v-1 or v-2...
the germans did use air to air, air to ground rockets...so?
what ever the tag was for...it was to be reused...attached to whatever the material was...
last night I thought it may have been similar to the us air force tag...."REMOVE HERE BEFORE FLIGHT"
YA..THAT IS FOR THE GERMAN GUMBALL MACHINE SERVICE RECORD...
sorry..i tried.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back