NAZI something.......

xcolo1

Sep 8, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT 1 million
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally random find, completely threw me through a loop since I dug it in a park in Baltimore city??? anybody know what it is?
image.jpegimage_1.jpegimage_2.jpeg

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Where did you find it? A lot of troops brought home Nazi items for trophies after WW2. I have a Paul Von Hindenburg 1938 2 Deutsches Reich thats silver and found at a place a Veteran of WW2 Served.

Upvote 0
A lot of troops brought home Nazi items for trophies after WW2. I have a Paul Von Hindenburg 1938 2 Deutsches Reich thats silver and found at a place a Veteran of WW2 Served. Maybe a immigrant after the war?

Upvote 0
I found it in a park that does have a WW2 memorial but it was about 50 yards away. Its an older memorial from right after the war so maybe it was dropped during a parade or ceremony by accident?? Researching so far I've found out that the eagle means its from the Luftwaffe which is pretty cool and the letters and numbers with the decimals seems to be a unit or squadron but I just cant find out exactly what it is arghhhhh!!!

Upvote 0
Looks like a baggage tag...

I thought the same but so far from the eagle I've found out its from the Luftwaffe which were fighter squadrons so I don't think they were checking any bags

Upvote 0
Before Hitler demonized the swastika it was a good luck symbol all over so maybe it isn't Nazi related at all. Don't know what though just a thought.

Upvote 0
The lettering refers to Nachtjagdschule 1 (1st night fighter school). So it is from when a pilot was in training and could be a luggage tag as previously suggested.

Upvote 0
Before Hitler demonized the swastika it was a good luck symbol all over so maybe it isn't Nazi related at all. Don't know what though just a thought.

True but Hitler also had the Swastika turned at an angle. The Swastika used to be up and down. It made 4 L's standing for Love Luck Light and Life. es ist nazi ;)

Upvote 0
It is definitely a German Nazi Luftwaffe symbol.

This is just a guess, but I wonder if this tag was issued to those who might be on a flight, and used just like the coal miners did when they went into a mine.

You simply hang your numbered tag on a numbered board, and that lets everyone know you are not on base and out on a mission.

Again, this is just a guess.

Upvote 0
I found this on Wiki:

I Gruppe was formed in June 1940 from elements of I./Zerstörergeschwader 1 (ZG 1) and IV./Zerstörergeschwader 26 (ZG 26), while II Gruppe was formed from IV./(N)JG 2, although the Gruppe was redesignated III./NJG 1 in July 1940, while a new II Gruppe was formed from 2./Kampfgeschwader 30 (KG 30). Again this Gruppe were redesignated as I./Nachtjagdgeschwader 2 (NJG 2) and a third II Gruppe was raised in September 1940 from I./ZG 26.

So, I think we've found it.

III.NJG might be the same as on your tag.

As well, this could be an equipment/tool/weapons checkout tag. If you have an active air base, you'd need to know who has what machine gun/ammo/radar equipment/camera/bomb sight/etc.

Upvote 0
The Swastika used to be up and down. It made 4 L's standing for Love Luck Light and Life.

Completely false. Before it was a "swastika" it was a good luck symbol dating to pre-history. Several cultures used it, including the native Americans. I'm pretty sure they didn't creat a symbol using the english language thousands of years before the first english settlers.

Upvote 0
Completely false. Before it was a "swastika" it was a good luck symbol dating to pre-history. Several cultures used it, including the native Americans. I'm pretty sure they didn't creat a symbol using the english language thousands of years before the first english settlers.

No that is true for English speaking areas. You will see the swastika in the catacombs native american history ect. In america the 4 L's were in fact what i stated they stood for . Swastika Good Luck Light Love Life Swastikas

Upvote 0
No that is true for English speaking areas. You will see the swastika in the catacombs native american history ect. In america the 4 L's were in fact what i stated they stood for . Swastika Good Luck Light Love Life Swastikas

People are constantly attributing new meaning to old things. Just because someone decided it looked like 4 "L"s and made up 4 words to match it doesn't mean anything. Just like kids today think SWAG stands for "stuff we all get" when it NEVER meant that. swag was it's own term, not an acronym. Just like the good luck symbol was a symbol, not an acronym.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back