Native American Flat Bead?

Texas Johnson

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2023
Hey Gang, I found this while looking for artifacts / fossils (and anything cool) in a river in central Tennessee. I'm pretty sure its not a crinoid fossil as its too thin (it has the thickness of a dime). It looks to be made out of clay. I think, and hope, its an Indian disk bead. I'm 99% positive its not naturally made as its almost too perfect. But wanted to get some expert advice on my find. I apologize but it's the best picture I can provide. anything closer and it gets really blurry. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_5495 (1).jpg
    IMG_5495 (1).jpg
    984.5 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 1
Please, when you post possible artifacts it is important to post in focus pictures of ALL sides. On this pictures of both sides and picture of edge woukd be mininum.

When the posted picture is blown up it is out of focus too.

Please, when you post possible artifacts it is important to post in focus pictures of ALL sides. On this pictures of both sides and picture of edge woukd be mininum.

When the posted picture is blown up it is out of focus too.
If using an apple phone, there is a magnifying app that works really good to take close up photos that are sharp in focus. Mine is set up to launch with a triple click of the power button. I use it all the time to read stuff I can’t see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back