Mystery trunk in the woods!

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent most of the day out in the woods doing a little relic hunting...not much, about 20 or so shotgun shells...then IDX starts goin' nutty...big quarter and dollar signals everywhere. Dig them up one by one and find most of the hardware to an old steamer trunk. All in about a 6 foot circle. Went over this little hard, but just hardware. Just makes you wonder what the steamer trunk was doing in the middle of the woods!

On the way back home, hunting pal and I stopped in Wolfe Park after reading about the great clad the other guys got there. It was on the way, so an easy stop to make, but only had an hour or so to hunt.

You guys sure did a bang up job on the clad! Couldn't squeeze out a quarter to save my life! Since there was nothing else to dig, I started chasing "ghost" signals...got this funky signal that wouldn't ID right, sounded solid, but bounced all over.

About 5 inches down I get a '46 rosy :-) horay!

Rescan hole, STILL getting tone. Reach into the loose dirt in the bottom a pull a walker :-)

STILL getting tone...another '46 rosy :-)

STILL getting tone...iron nails :-(

All this junk was mixed up together so everyone just left the nice little SILVER pocket spill for me! Thanks Guys!

Pal got cool watch and .925 ear ring too. Maybe we'll go back soon and REALLY work Wolfe Park for a whole day.

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,365
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,368
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,378
Upvote 0
Cool finds Jim, I love the Half! I also wanted to thank you for the "Finger of Fate", if a person really does believe, it really works. It has worked for me on several occasions, It also works for more than one hunt, then if the finds get slim, I think "oh yea I forgot to rub the Finger of Fate", so I hope you keep it on there..... 8)

Thanks again,
Steve

D.J....Wouldn't you like to know the story behind that trunk winding up where it was? :thumbsup:

Gotta love them rednecks!
Nice find on that silver!!
Joe

diamondjim said:
EDDE said:
wow what is your secret to your wonderful success :icon_study:
pm sent

NOW do believe me that rubbing the Finger of Fate really works?

It works! :D

Awesome day, Jim! Congrats!

Nana :wink:

Yeah, those old steamer trunks are cool, unfortunately also quite common. I tried to sell 2 of them in really nice shape, one was a humpback. Had 'em in a garage sale, couldn't get $30 a piece. I didn't want to give them away, though.

AMC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back