My New Shooting Bench / rifle /ammo

Guy I was torn between buying a high end 17 HMR or .22. I went .22 and am now stuck with it. I love to compete and am trying to learn how to shoot this rifle. I have a ways to go yet I believe with just what I have available to play with. But yesterday using Eley Force I came close to 5 shots in a 1/4" group 4 times. That may be all I can hope for using rimfire ammo. Even cleaning the rifle and barrel moves the groups in micro increments.

But I damn near went with a .17 HMR. I just didn't have the range here to play with. YOU would have a blast (and a learning curve) with an 8 ounce trigger. But you'd like it.... I promise.
Listen, I’m not a caliber snob. I love them all. I’m hesitant to mess with any firearm that shoots good. but you’re probably right. I’ve seen folks getting crazy with jeweled trigger units that were so unsafe they would reliably go off by lowering the barrel! That violates my #1 rule above accuracy.

Very nice Brad!! :headbang:I went this direction for now... being a home builder you think I should/could build a beauty!:laughing7:8-)

View attachment 2172417
Have it and use it. I do shoot 1/2 minute groups at 100 yards off it. Not very stable in the woods where I shoot. the barrel support got thrown away pretty quickly. mine doesn’t have the back rest. it’s a swivel barstool seat. that one looks like you could sit back and brag after you outshot your buddy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back