jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Put the Carpet in to fill the hole Left where it was.
The dogs just sat there because it was Disturbed Ground or the Carpet had dog urine in it.

Depending on what was in the Original Cache The Dogs may have Smelled that also. Paper Money, Pot, Drugs , Ammo, Copper

Columbus police investigating after woman makes strange discovery in her backyard​

"What's in the rug?" Viral TikToks lead to police investigation of rug buried in Columbus yard​

Last edited:
And Put the Carpet in to fill the hole Left where it was.
The dogs just sat there because it was Disturbed Ground or the Carpet had dog urine in it.

Depending on what was in the Original Cache The Dogs may have Smelled that also. Paper Money, Pot, Drugs , Ammo, Copper

Columbus police investigating after woman makes strange discovery in her backyard​

"What's in the rug?" Viral TikToks lead to police investigation of rug buried in Columbus yard​

These were likely special cadaver dogs.

Columbus police have concluded an investigation after a woman posted on TikTok that she may have discovered a body buried in her yard.

Well I am stuffed then. I have in one of my rental properties buried old carpet instead of paying exorbitant dump fees. I guess police are going to dig that up too now?

A sad sign of the times people think that way.

Crow
I did the exact same thing Crow. My very old home had privy pits all around the outside edge. I dug 6-7 of them up and now have about 300 old antique bottles. I had a blast seeing what I might find. I used a 5' X 1/4" T-handled steel rod to find them. I had remodeled 3 bedrooms upstairs and rolled up the old carpet and put in garage. So I cut the carpet up and put into the deep holes and buried it all when done. The very elderly lady next door walked over and asked me "What's in the rolled up carpet".... I said "Nothing". She just assumed something was.

I did the exact same thing Crow. My very old home had privy pits all around the outside edge. I dug 6-7 of them up and now have about 300 old antique bottles. I had a blast seeing what I might find. I used a 5' X 1/4" T-handled steel rod to find them. I had remodeled 3 bedrooms upstairs and rolled up the old carpet and put in garage. So I cut the carpet up and put into the deep holes and buried it all when done. The very elderly lady next door walked over and asked me "What's in the rolled up carpet".... I said "Nothing". She just assumed something was.
Ha1 you could of had fun with her with one. but you might got a visit by the police!

I used old carpet as weed matting under garden beds then covered with bark chips. it will rot away eventually anyway. Dump fees are ludicrous where I live. To dump and old bed mattress is it as nearly as much to buy a new one.

And the powers to be wonder why old bed mattresses are dumped everywhere?

Crow

I’ve never buried any carpet but I buried a bathtub once.

Many people convert old bath tubs into garden ponds.

P2.JPG

P3.JPG

P4.JPG

P1.JPG

Crow

I burned a few in the Burn Barrel !
I burned everything I could , what didn't burn on it's own kerosene
helped ! when the Barrel got Full , My neighbor would Haul it away & bring me a New One.

only things I remember burying at home was an old tv picture tube ,
was the only part fire wouldn't take care of, the gizmos inside Snap, Crackle & Pop, but the Picture Tube wont burn so I dug a hole
Threw it in And smashed it up.

And smashed glass Jars in groundhog holes.

I Miss the Good Old Days :coffee2:

now it all goes to the Landfill :(

Last edited:
Ha1 you could of had fun with her with one. but you might got a visit by the police!

I used old carpet as weed matting under garden beds then covered with bark chips. it will rot away eventually anyway. Dump fees are ludicrous where I live. To dump and old bed mattress is it as nearly as much to buy a new one.

Crow
Don't think it didn't cross my mind.... I think she thought she'd discovered a serial killer....? But I didn't have the heart to screw with her mine.

Crow
It's 10 cents a pound for the landfill trash here now. 😒
Never want to leave a gate open, or a house that is being empty. The yards quickly become dumping sites for the guys that do renovation work.

My Trash is Included with the rent :(

I was Working on global warming over the Winters at home !
never worked :dontknow:

Still got cold in the winter & Warm in the summer ! go figure :(

Everything is so ridiculously wrapped in plastic these days. I needed a pair scissors as I lost mine. So I went to store and bought a new pair it was in thick plastic anti theft plastic. I needed a scissors to cut open the thick plastic to get at the scissors.

Crow :BangHead:
I felt the pain last week trying to open up a new set of 3 planer blades. I thought getting the 3 old blades off was hard till I attempted to open up the package of new ones. I asked my girlfriend to get out the 3 new ones out while I torn the planer down. After 10 minutes I had the 3 old ones off. Then she tells me she can't get the package open. So after rolling my eyes I go over to the work island. NEVER HAVE I STRUGGLED SO MUCH TO OPEN A PACKAGE. And hell... I own a big woodshop. I proceeded to make a complete ass of myself by getting really pissed failure after failure. Then she throws fuel on a fire by saying.... "See, I told you"! It took longer to open that package then to install them.... I'm over it now...? :tongue3:

I felt the pain last week trying to open up a new set of 3 planer blades. I thought getting the 3 old blades off was hard till I attempted to open up the package of new ones. I asked my girlfriend to get out the 3 new ones out while I torn the planer down. After 10 minutes I had the 3 old ones off. Then she tells me she can't get the package open. So after rolling my eyes I go over to the work island. NEVER HAVE I STRUGGLED SO MUCH TO OPEN A PACKAGE. And hell... I own a big woodshop. I proceeded to make a complete ass of myself by getting really pissed failure after failure. Then she throws fuel on a fire by saying.... "See, I told you"! It took longer to open that package then to install them.... I'm over it now...? :tongue3:
We have a cutters for clamshell packages in the junk drawer.
Short blades and strong leverage.

I carry a Kershaw 3/4 ton folding knife under the edge of the wheelchair seat.
I respect some of my many blades when not abusing them... Owning hundreds with an emphasis on old carbon ones. But the Kershaw is undefeated. just cleaned packing tape and other residue off it last night and touched up the edge easily .
A large folding knife from one of the auction lots took work to free up from being dirt and corrosion shut.. And after breaking it's blade rebuilding a water pump by gnawing the impellor off using the blade and a hammer , it has become a beater utility knife. I'd wager it'll open a blister or clamshell package if applied carefully. (All cutting done with the sharp corner of the blade.)
I've had them stupid clamshell plastics sharp enough to cut skin easily while opening. Probably resulting in sharper cuts on my fingers than a knife packaged in one could offer.

Largeish plastic skeletons on sale at a store I was in the the day.
Oh I thought about acquiring a couple of them.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back