My first silver!

vandaria

May 11, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-trac,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was actually yesterday but couldn't post til now... Finally getting to tinker with my E-trac and day 3 (or the first day out of my yard lol) and I got my first ever silver! The yard I was in for some reason has tin foil buried in it so there were lots of exciting sounds..and just as I was heading my way back to finish for the day I got another hit. It was only 2 inches down so figured it was clad..not a 1919 dime =) I am near an old stone wall so figure it must have just sorta washed it's way down.

Anyhow I was like a little kid at Xmas running over to show my friend (it's her yard) and now I want to get back over there today to look for more..alas it is storming and looks like it is supposed to for most of the day =(

back.jpgfront.jpg

Upvote 9
Oh ya you have a blizzard atm think I saw??

Congrats on your first silver and its a mercury 1919 to boot.I'm sure many more will follow.

Congrats on the silver! Great condition too!

Very nice coin:icon_thumright:

Yes....1919-D is a GREAT score.....only 9,939,000 were minted by the Denver mint, and is worth more than the "S" mint 1919 which even had less mintage of only 8,850,000. A VERY good start for your first silver.....

On coinflation.com current retail value of that coin in Fine condition is: $9.00 - $10.50.....Nice!! Yours looks like it is at least Fine, and maybe even Very Fine(VF25 to VF35).....

HH....Bill
"The coin Expert"

Last edited:
wlb42 Wow thanks for the info!! Have book marked that site for further finds =) To Scott9050 as well, had no clue the D was stamped on the back. I am itching to get back over there to look further but there is a storm not too far away and tho I don't think it will hit us, it will be a little close for me =) GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes....1919-D is a GREAT score.....only 9,939,000 were minted by the Denver mint, and is worth more than the "S" mint 1919 which even had less mintage of only 8,850,000. A VERY good start for your first silver.....

On coinflation.com current retail value of that coin in Fine condition is: $9.00 - $10.50.....Nice!! Yours looks like it is at least Fine, and maybe even Very Fine.....

HH....Bill
"The coin Expert"

Great first silver!

I'm heading out to find mine now!

And you may have found another today..... Hope so!

Congratulations on your first silver! I hope many more find their way under your coil! Good eye on the D guys :)

Congrats on your first, and many more! :goldpan:

Congrats on your first silver.

Great find!!!!!!! where theres 1 theres bound to be more....at least thats what i tell myself, lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back