My first Half

GYirga

Mar 11, 2006
Went to a lake swimming area today for the first time and found my first Half Dollar. It was not Silver but it was exciting anyway. Also found a copper coated heart and $1.93 total. I am still searching for my first silver and will not give up. Today was fun and relaxing with enough finds to keep it intersting and no one bothering us. My son explored the whole area and caught a minnow with his hands. He put it right in his aquarium when he got home. We will be back there before they raise the water in the lake.

Attachments

• 022407.jpg
    022407.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 647
Upvote 0
Congratulations!
Love those BIG coins. Silver or not, they always make me... ;)

Ridley

Yeah buddy, those halves are nice. Those swimming areas can surprise you sometimes. It's a lot of work but well worth it. Nice finds!

Way to go , ;D

Fossis.................................

Kudos to your son on his fish find and capture.

It's always a blessing when you can turn detecting into family fun with the kids no matter how you do it.

Hey um.... Just don't bring the kids around us "Non-Kid Metal Detector's".... JUST KIDDING... LOL for me Cuz!

Anyways how deep in the water were you? My old Whites 6000 di allowed me to go as deep as I could

w/o wetting the control box. A plastic cover was also used at times. There's normally lots of rings in 'dem 'dere

swimming holes. Also check the near walkways & restrooms and front gate if they had one for parking charges or

entry fee. We scuba dive here and our local dive shop rents out an underwater detector for real cheap like $25.00

a day or for the weekend. You could snorkel with it too if you don't dive. I never did it but we have found some

nice rudder pins that were 10 inches long by 1/2 inch around and other parts that we were told were

sand casted bronze. It has a speckled look to it. Quite unlike modern bronze looks . Soooo... I just had knee

surgery yesterday and man o' man my treasure hunting itch needs to be

scratched! I'm starting a "Look Book" tonight and am on the prowl for another detector.

Your Entry Has Really Motivated Me.... Along with my surgery meds.

Thanks for the good words clam digga. Hope you are recovering well from your surgery and you find that dream detector while your down.

I did not have to go in the water at all. Around here the lakes are all drained to winter levels by the Tennessee Valley Authority, TVA. From about September till mid March the lakes are brought down 4 to 6 feet in all lakes controlled by TVA. In the area we were hunting that equals about 150 feet of exposed area that is under water during the Summer months. This is really cool for us detector folks without water equipment.

It was nice of you to say that my post inspiered you. Get well soon and get to swinging...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back