My fiirst old pocket spill.....SLQ....

LETSHUNTNOW

Jan 22, 2008
ILLINOIS
Detector(s) used
whites mxt,garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, got permission last week to detect an old farm I have been eyeing for some time..talked to an older gentleman that said it was his mothers place and someone lived there before her but he wasn't sure how old it was..he gave me permission and I said I would show him everything and he was welcome to any of it but he said he would just like to see what I found...half of the house is still standing with an old well and 3 out buildings and the biggest trees I have ever seen....Saturday I started in front yard and found the 46 rosie and 3 wheats...I went to the side yard and found a ton of old shotgun shell brass ends and a lot of junk...I showed him what I found and he was as excited as I was so that was nice..he would not take them and said I could come back as much as I wanted...headed right back this evening to the backyard and first signal I dug was the 1891 ih and 1898 v nickel in the same hole..mxt was jumping back and forth from 16-77 and 78..i stood up took two steps and had 83-84 solid..my second slq..1926s...date is worn but its there...I also found three coppers? next to the quarter,each has a tiny hole in them but I cant see anything on them..found some other goodies showed everything to the gentleman and he was excited and surprised but still refused anything..then he told me he found a silver quarter in a tree that fell down a few years ago in the back yard...should be some good hunting there for a while..im pumped...I love my mxt and I got an at pro coming this week..im in heaven...good digging to everyone...letshuntnow

Attachments

• SLQ 001.JPG
    SLQ 001.JPG
    427.4 KB · Views: 280
  • SLQ 002.JPG
    SLQ 002.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 220
  • SLQ 003.JPG
    SLQ 003.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 200
  • SLQ 005.JPG
    SLQ 005.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 192
  • SLQ 006.JPG
    SLQ 006.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 10
Man that's a great site and really nice finds. Don't forget to hit that tree that fell over that the owner was talking about. Sounds
like there might be something there if he found a quarter in the tree!

Nice finds - An SLQ with a date is a semi-tough find ! The MXT seems to be treating you nicely - you sure you want to step out on it
with the AT Pro ? Actually I've noticed in the last year or so, that a lot of members have been buying the AT Pro - I'd like some user
feedback on it .

Hello, I have the 6x10 dd coil,the stock coil and excelerator 11 pro searchcoil for the mxt and its like having 3 detectors...pretty much kept the 6x10dd on most of the time lately...the excelerator coil is awesome for trashy places...I bought the 6x10 used though and it will find a 22 short casing 10+ inches but it bounces back and forth a lot on the numbers on the screen but if its a good strong signal after I x it I just dig it....I love the mxt......wanting to get my 22 yr old brother in it so I needed another detector and just thought I would try something different....thanks and good luck

Nice finds! Congrats!

Hello, I always go back to the owners even if they tell me I can keep coming back and I always offer any or all my finds..i keep a book in my truck and write their name down and when I got permission just covering the basics...the only thing anyone has accepted were two rings and they were from their family probably....coolest thing that has happened so far was a friend let me metal detect his old Victorian house and I found a lot of good stuff there...I was looking on ebay for centennials from nearby towns and there was an old postcard and it was his house but it had already sold..i told him about it and he ended up getting it..i gave him from his own yard a barber quarter,barber dime,merc,buffalo nickel,ih and wheatie and he framed it around the postcard.that was awesome..i also hunt and I am the king of jerky making...I gave the gentleman a bag the other day and he was so happy.....thanks..

Well, actually not a harmonica reed, but a reed plate. Reeds are attached to the reed plate, cover the holes in the plate, and vibrate when you blow air through the holes. There's one reed plate in a harmonica, and as many reeds as there are notes.

Great explanation. I've been calling reed plates the wrong name for a long time!

Nice assortment of coins and artifacts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back