Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tomorrow marks 20 years of being a member of Treasure Net.
The years have passed quickly (even faster as I aged).
The infant kid (my grandson) in the picture to the left is now six foot three and in high school.

Through these years, TN has provided me with endless entertainment and challenges; trying to ID objects, generally in the areas of "What is it?", Stamps and Coins. I am amazed at the depth of knowledge shown by many 'expert' members in the forums.

I consider you all 'brothers in arms', be it from a military aspect (USAF '63-'69) and/or from mutually enjoying Treasure Net.

And thanks to those Mods who have kept 'order in the court'; and to the owners and others who have kept the site going with minimal down time.

TNet will remain my 'home port' for relaxing entertainment and enlightenment.
I wish you all 'fair winds and a following sea.'.

Don in SoCal
Don MacKay

Congratulations Don on your milestone anniversary on Tnet.
I've been here just fifteen years myself on October 9th. I think I might have lurked a year or two before joining but have always got something out of this site over all that time .
There have been a lot of members come and go in that time but there are still a good bunch of guys here to keep us all amused lol

Stay healthy and happy until your next milestone!

Congrats Don... i just past the 10 year mark and i cant believe its been that long... and true on the years going faster.
But I just chalk that up to the Earth turning faster due to all of us running in the same direction.
Here's to another 20... and may your fingers be able to still type and your eyes still able to read by then . :)

The infant kid (my grandson) in the picture to the left is now six foot three and in high school.

Through these years, TN has provided me with endless entertainment and challenges; trying to ID objects, generally in the areas of "What is it?", Stamps and Coins. I am amazed at the depth of knowledge shown by many 'expert' members in the forums.

I consider you all 'brothers in arms', be it from a military aspect (USAF '63-'69) and/or from mutually enjoying Treasure Net.

And thanks to those Mods who have kept 'order in the court'; and to the owners and others who have kept the site going with minimal down time.

Don in SoCal
Don MacKay
Been here 18 1/2 yrs. Military wise I spent 2 years in Viet Nam wishing that I was in one of those B52's. I've always looked up to you older guys!!

Congratulations! I arrive at 20 years in 12 days. I joined Nov 5, 2004......it's been a great source of inspiration, motivation and knowledge. I joined just a few years before retiring from 26 years active duty Army.
🍻

Not to be a party pooper ...

GeologicalTimeScale-Mesozoic.png

Nice going !

Congrats Don... i just past the 10 year mark and i cant believe its been that long... and true on the years going faster.
But I just chalk that up to the Earth turning faster due to all of us running in the same direction.
Here's to another 20... and may your fingers be able to still type and your eyes still able to read by then . :)
138,476 likes in 10 years! Break the quarter-mil mark within 20? :laughing7:

You I.D.'ed a Roman coin that was given to me by an old gentleman and ever since I know if someone's trying to get an old coin I.D.'ed you have checked on it. Even though most OP's think they have the all out best guess and won't take anyone telling them what they really have, all the guys who look and I.D coins on here are spot on as you were for me. Thank You Don for being a treasured person here on T.net.

138,476 likes in 10 years! Break the quarter-mil mark within 20? :laughing7:
As you well know from the Random Chat Thread... i don't post as much as i once did due to being busy and not on as much as i once was.
Life has been throwing some curves at me for some time now.... so i have not the time i once did.
If i was "trying" to gather likes and a goal..... um...... i would have been there already :P :)

Besides... i had to slow down and let PepperJ catch up :).... :P

PS... I went detecting ONCE last year.... ONCE> !
My "off" time is here.

Last edited:

Don in SoCal
Don MacKay
Well done, Don, and always appreciate your HIGHLY knowledgeable replies to everyone! JB

20 yrs. Don well hallelujah. TN is special and a nice place to hang out with some good folks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back