My Equinox flooded today but ...

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would go to the creek today to do some metal detecting because of the heat. I took my Equinox 800 because I have a small coil for it. But after submerging the control pod in water a couple times it flooded and I got a ER 61 fault. But I was able to make some nice finds first.
A brass lighter ?
1933 chevy baby moon hubcap
And a very large caliber bullet [ head stamp saids RA 42]
IMG_2288.jpeg
IMG_2290.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2284.jpeg
    IMG_2284.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2285.jpeg
    IMG_2285.jpeg
    837.6 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 22
man that sucks! I guess you are beyond the 3 year warranty? Nice finds - I like the lighter. Looks like gold but I'll guess brass or some alloy.

man that sucks! I guess you are beyond the 3 year warranty? Nice finds - I like the lighter. Looks like gold but I'll guess brass or some alloy.
Yep, warranty is over. My Nox served me well over the years. Now I'm debating if I want to take a chance going back with the Manticore tomorrow.

Thanks ToddsPoint, I don't know anything about ammo. It's about 5 1/2" in length and seems old. I thought maybe use for a Browning machine gun?

Attachments

• IMG_2298.jpeg
    IMG_2298.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2296.jpeg
    IMG_2296.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2300.jpeg
    IMG_2300.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 21
Yes, Lots of iron.

Well done on the finds, liking the lighter.

It sucks when a manufacture sells a waterproof-only to leak-a fault of Minelab and another reason why I left being a loyal user of their products. Great brains put in a poor body=broken something.
Not that this would help but it might be worth a try.

Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 7.26.43 AM.png

Well done on the finds, liking the lighter.

It sucks when a manufacture sells a waterproof-only to leak-a fault of Minelab and another reason why I left being a loyal user of their products. Great brains put in a poor body=broken something.
Not that this would help but it might be worth a try.

View attachment 2093267
Thanks pepper, I just change coils & did a factory reset and got it working again. But I can see water behind the screen. I'm going back to the creek today but my confidence isn't too high it will stay working.

Attachments

• IMG_2301.jpeg
    IMG_2301.jpeg
    871.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2302.jpeg
    IMG_2302.jpeg
    830.5 KB · Views: 19
Just check to make sure the control pod is still working . No faults are coming up but the buttons are not working to change settings. I'm sure this control pod is toast. Looks like I'll be taking my Manticore toady. At least I have a warranty on the Manticore.

Sorry that it flooded. Just happened to mine. 3 years and 2 weeks after purchase. Thank goodness for their 1 month grace period. I was still able to get a free replacement control pod.

I thought I would go to the creek today to do some metal detecting because of the heat. I took my Equinox 800 because I have a small coil for it. But after submerging the control pod in water a couple times it flooded and I got a ER 61 fault. But I was able to make some nice finds first.
A brass lighter ?
And a very large caliber bullet [ head stamp saids RA 42]
yup, 1942

A brass lighter ?
And a very large caliber bullet [ head stamp saids RA 42]View attachment 2093191View attachment 2093194
That’s a cool looking lighter!

Great finds, congratulations!
I'm not sure it's worthwhile paying full freight to fix an 800 that can just flood again in the future. You might as well just put the money toward a 900 or a remote for your D2. 😁

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back